White touch up paint MG5

Jomarkh

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG5
Hi, has anyone bought any touch up pens? I have a couple of stone chips that need attention, any recommendations?

I was going to pop into Richmond MG just wanted to see if it was less than £19 anywhere 😔

I got one in Piccadilly blue £17 from the dealership but it seams to be a darker blue
Piccadilly blue was not an available colour choice in the U.K. for the ZS EV.
The launch blue colour that MG choose to use in the U.K. for the ZSEV was a very light shade of blue called “Pimlico Blue”.
The colour choices for the ZS EV only numbered four.
Solid White - No extra cost.
Black Pearl - metallic paint £545.
Pimlico Blue - metallic paint £545
Dynamic Red - Tri coat paint £695.
These where the paint prices at launch.
The darker blue colour available on the earlier ZS ICE model around the same time, was called “Lazer Blue” another metallic paint finish.
A much darker shade of blue than the lighter shade of “Pimlico” blue.
I think Piccadilly blue is shade only available on the newer face lift models on ICE versions.
You can be sure of getting the correct touch up pen for your car, by grabbing the paint code from the sticker that is posted to the “B” post on the O/S.
Open the drivers door, then look for the black and silver sticker that is located below catch that is fixed to “B” post frame of the car.
Here is a shot of my paint code.

5RSJ is Dynamic Red ( Tri-Coat ).

8F0E0E1B-F4A9-43D8-8322-E1BE2B67DBDA.jpeg

Piccadilly blue was not an available colour choice in the U.K. for the ZS EV.
The launch blue colour that MG choose to use in the U.K. for the ZSEV was a very light shade of blue called “Pimlico Blue”.
The colour choices for the ZS EV only numbered four.
Solid White - No extra cost.
Black Pearl - metallic paint £545.
Pimlico Blue - metallic paint £545
Dynamic Red - Tri coat paint £695.
These where the paint prices at launch.
The darker blue colour available on the earlier ZS ICE model around the same time, was called “Lazer Blue” another metallic paint finish.
A much darker shade of blue than the lighter shade of “Pimlico” blue.
I think Piccadilly blue is shade only available on the newer face lift models on ICE versions.
You can be sure of getting the correct touch up pen for your car, by grabbing the paint code from the sticker that is posted to the “B” post on the O/S.
Open the drivers door, then look for the black and silver sticker that is located below catch that is fixed to “B” post frame of the car.
Here is a shot of my paint code.

5RSJ is Dynamic Red ( Tri-Coat ).

View attachment 3691
Hi,
Thank you but it was for an MG5 so maybe they did a different blue?

Hi,
Thank you but it was for an MG5 so maybe they did a different blue?
Okay, stand corrected - sorry for that !.
Yeah - The MG5 had a different shade of metallic blue over the ZS EV.
Four colour options once again.
I guess the ident plate with the colour code will be locatted in the same place ?.

MG5 Colours 2021-06-22 at 19.31.15.png

Picked up my white touch up kit from Richmond MG for £15.74 can't get it from ebay for under £20.

Hi, has anyone bought any touch up pens? I have a couple of stone chips that need attention, any recommendations?
Does anyone know whether the blue listed on ebay as JSH Victoria Blue is actually the same as Picadilly Blue as on the MG5? The paint code on the door pillar of my car is 5JSH, but i am hoving great difficulty in locating Piccadilly Blue. I suppose I will have to go back to my dealer!

Hi, if you have the service package you get an MG discount. I couldn't get it cheaper on eBay.

Does anyone know whether the blue listed on ebay as JSH Victoria Blue is actually the same as Picadilly Blue as on the MG5? The paint code on the door pillar of my car is 5JSH, but i am hoving great difficulty in locating Piccadilly Blue. I suppose I will have to go back to my dealer!
42F87CE8-CBCA-4836-ADFA-CD026E5B9B0E.jpeg

she’s only 6 and made me a card to say sorry - I’m a bit gutted but what can you do 🤷‍♂️
What can you say indeed - bless her heart for the card !.
Gutting I know, but this time next week the touch up will be done and it all will be in the past.
It could have been MUCH worse.
Life is too short my friend.
Paint already on order I guess @biffo
Can you get a bit of primmer on the chips for now ?.
Top Tip - Try using wooden cocktail sticks to apply the paint, much better control than a paint brush.

What can you say indeed - bless her heart for the card !.
Gutting I know, but this time next week the touch up will be done and it all will be in the past.
It could have been MUCH worse.
Life is too short my friend.
Paint already on order I guess @biffo
Can you get a bit of primmer on the chips for now ?.
Top Tip - Try using wooden cocktail sticks to apply the paint, much better control than a paint brush.
I’ll be down the dealer on Monday morning to collect some - hopefully it’ll be in stock. Might pop to Halfords tomorrow and see about primer though. Cocktail sticks sounds ideal 👍

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom