Who else wishes there was an MG ZS EV aftermarket drop-in frunk for cable storage?

For cable storage, I can't see the point, apart from maybe saving a bit of room in the boot. It's just as easy to walk to the back of the car and open the hatch as it is to walk to the front and open the bonnet.
For extra other stuff storage, maybe. :unsure:

With how small the electric motor is you could fit a suit case or two in the engine bay. Or is it motor bay

I see your point. I am not suggesting you do this but could a small cargo net be fitted to the underside of the bonnet, I havn't looked to see if there is anywhere to clip it too, but if there were it may be out of the way of most items.

Froot if you please. And yes please. However I wonder how it will go down with the insurance and warranty people. I would want to hand them a get out of jail card.

Looks like a good idea, I wonder what MG have to say about it though. I have been thinking on the lines of a cargo net slung under the bonnet lid. As I am going on holiday in July (goverment permitting) and will have to have the lead out from under the boot well, taking up space in the boot.

That’s brilliant, when I started this thread I didn’t think it would take to long for someone to engineer a solution.

Personally I'd like to be able to store my cables etc in the front, but without the ability to open the "frunk" like I can the boot - from outside/stays open etc, it's not worth it for me.
I guess this really is another feature that they we don't get because of the cars price point.

For it to be usable for me:
1. The hood as easily open able as the trunk.
2. Stay open by itself (not have to put up the holding bar)
On point 2, used to get aftermarket bonnet gas struts... don't know if any fit the EV, but I know they can be had for the ZS...🤔 been pondering getting a set since I got the car.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom