Why has my Trophy started locking about 30s after I unlock it?

My trophy locks even if a door has been opened (and then subsequently closed). If I open the back doors to get the kids buckled in, and am on the near side when I close the last rear door, the car will often lock by the time I’ve walked round to the driver’s door. (Usain Bolt I ain’t, but I don’t think it takes me 30 seconds..)

I’ve taken to opening the driver’s door to press on the seat pad while they climb in and then leaving the driver’s door ajar. On the plus side, it means the screen has almost always finished booting by the time so get in.

Another glorious Easter egg from the good people at SAIC.

My trophy locks even if a door has been opened (and then subsequently closed). If I open the back doors to get the kids buckled in, and am on the near side when I close the last rear door, the car will often lock by the time I’ve walked round to the driver’s door. (Usain Bolt I ain’t, but I don’t think it takes me 30 seconds..)

I’ve taken to opening the driver’s door to press on the seat pad while they climb in and then leaving the driver’s door ajar. On the plus side, it means the screen has almost always finished booting by the time so get in.

Another glorious Easter egg from the good people at SAIC.
Must admit not seen that - when its unlocked (either on the remote, or the small button on the handle) it will stay unlocked (after using a door handle to physically open the door : otherwise yes its a 30 sec sprint)

Must admit not seen that - when its unlocked (either on the remote, or the small button on the handle) it will stay unlocked (after using a door handle to physically open the door : otherwise yes its a 30 sec sprint)
Maybe it’s only after the driver’s door has opened that it stays unlocked…? I’ll have to run some tests.

This is usual on many cars including my own MG. It is to prevent unlocking and leaving it unlocked inadvertently without accessing the vehicle. It will remain unlocked if you open the door or boot.

Maybe it’s only after the driver’s door has opened that it stays unlocked…? I’ll have to run some tests.
Maybe thats it on my old VW - it worked like that - the drivers door is the master? - but as my kids are older now, its more of dragging them out of the house (away from their ipads) to get in the car - whilst I'm in the drivers seat awaiting to go (It was like this 50yrs ago with my old dad! in our old J reg 1971 ford capri ghia - with black bonnet )

For experimentarion, have you tried opening the driver's door first (without siting) or the front passenger's door?

Are the rear doors childlocked?
If I open the doors it doesn't autolock, and yes, the rear doors are childlocked.

The whole point of this is that it didn't always do this. It's only started doing it recently. Previously it wouldn't auto lock at all - or at least I didn't leave it unattended for long enough for it to autolock.

We had a game with my youngest when I collect her from nursery I unlock the car and she runs to the door and lets herself in (she's easily entertained) - this no longer works from a distance, you have to be within 30s sprint distance for a three year old.

If I open the doors it doesn't autolock, and yes, the rear doors are childlocked.

The whole point of this is that it didn't always do this. It's only started doing it recently. Previously it wouldn't auto lock at all - or at least I didn't leave it unattended for long enough for it to autolock.

We had a game with my youngest when I collect her from nursery I unlock the car and she runs to the door and lets herself in (she's easily entertained) - this no longer works from a distance, you have to be within 30s sprint distance for a three year old.
This looks like an issue, as from what it may appear the rest of us don't have an issue?

I don't think so, mine doesn't relock if I open a rear door or the boot as well, I don't have to open the driver's door.
FWIW I don't usually use the fob to unlock I use the button on the door handle and my software is version R33 if that makes any difference.

See title. This didn't happen previously. I have not changed any settings. It's really annoying.
Maybe thats it on my old VW - it worked like that - the drivers door is the master? - but as my kids are older now, its more of dragging them out of the house (away from their ipads) to get in the car - whilst I'm in the drivers seat awaiting to go (It was like this 50yrs ago with my old dad! in our old J reg 1971 ford capri ghia - with black bonnet )
My Kia does it. At front door I’ll open it- by time
Walk over to it it’s locked itself again 🤦‍♀️

My Kia does it. At front door I’ll open it- by time
Walk over to it it’s locked itself again 🤦‍♀️
How do you open the door before you walk over to it?
Do you have very long arms?

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 529 79.2%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 90 13.5%
  • No

Votes: 49 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel