Window rain wind deflectors

Not fitted mine yet, car needs washing and instructions say best to fit at 20 deg C or above and the only day it's been 20 deg so far it was drizzling.

Fitted mine last week. Very simple and easy to do, just follow the instructions. Look great on my white car. As a matter of interest why would you want to remove them?
Cracked the piece that fits on the back door when cleaning the car, splintered into four pieces. Cold weather? Can't buy one piece so removed the rest. Cost me £60 to get the trim repaired!

Think I would have just bought another set and replaced the broken piece. Would have been cheaper in the long run.

I thought about fitting them, but it seems counter intuitive to me to fit wind deflectors to an electric car due to the changing/increasing drag coefficient.

I thought about fitting them, but it seems counter intuitive to me to fit wind deflectors to an electric car due to the changing/increasing drag coefficient.
I agree, but when it rains the car can mist up quickly, but if you open the window to help with air circulation the rain comes in and therefore these allow the windows to be open in the colder months to increase air circulation and keeping the misting down; no need to use the fans means increased energy savings from my perspective.

I doubt that they would have much effect on the drag coefficient. When it comes to aerodynamics the ZS is a bit of a brick anyway.

I agree, but when it rains the car can mist up quickly, but if you open the window to help with air circulation the rain comes in and therefore these allow the windows to be open in the colder months to increase air circulation and keeping the misting down; no need to use the fans means increased energy savings from my perspective.
Not so much for the misting up, but when the rain comes in it drips directly on to the window switches, that can't be good for them.

I fitted them to one of my cars because every time you washed the windscreen water used run through the open window, so I know they can be a benefit.
The only ones I've seen for the MG are ones that use double sided tape to stick to the window frame itself, I wouldn't trust them to survive very long.

I fitted them to one of my cars because every time you washed the windscreen water used run through the open window, so I know they can be a benefit.
The only ones I've seen for the MG are ones that use double sided tape to stick to the window frame itself, I wouldn't trust them to survive very long.
Don’t count on it they are stuck on really firm….

Fitted mine today in the lovely warmer weather . They look ok. I don’t think they will fall off anytime soon, but time will tell.

Attachments

• 55D98A2F-EA47-4584-98DB-2549793F557D.jpeg
    55D98A2F-EA47-4584-98DB-2549793F557D.jpeg
    367.6 KB · Views: 152
Fitting mine tomorrow, car washed today for the first time in 6 weeks.

I wonder if the wheels could be wrapped in black? Just the silver parts - I like the idea of all black wheels. Any ideas?
0D2038C8-07E5-44D4-8B44-22B557C6E840.jpeg

A quick update on the wind deflectors. As I mentioned they look ok.
They do however impact forward visibility at junctions. It’s not a major issue but they do effectively widen the A pillar area by about 2 inches. I’m surprised no one has mentioned this. I didn’t consider this until I drove the car with them fitted.
This may be ok for some and others may find them unacceptable.
4C2F3FF4-66E2-49C3-AC6A-9BC45A05A8B4.jpeg

So worth considering if you want to fit them.

What about these ECO wheels, Tansy Daisies. They'd have to be on the MG5 though, I think they only come in a 16"
Daisy wheels.jpg

They do however impact forward visibility at junctions. It’s not a major issue but they do effectively widen the A pillar area by about 2 inches. I’m surprised no one has mentioned this. I didn’t consider this until I drove the car with them fitted.
This may be ok for some and others may find them unacceptable. View attachment 4744
Good point, I suppose it depends how far back you sit as to how much effect it will have.

Good reason to go for the smoke over the chrome...at least you can see through the smoke ones.
Mine are the smoke colour and it doesn’t cause me any visibility problems, really happy with mine and they are really firmly fitted when following the fitting instructions, they will not come off…..

This may be ok for some and others may find them unacceptable. View attachment 4744
I had the same issue with a car I fitted deflectors to, also on this car it blocked a big chunk of the passenger door mirror.

How close to the steering wheel was that picture taken from, I don't sit that close.

Just fitted mine today. It must be one of the easiest jobs I've done on a car, the hardest part was peeling the backing off the adhesive strip. :giggle:
Mine don't seem to impact visibility much at all, after reading @Cocijo 's warning I made sure I fitted them as high as possible on the door frame.
wind deflectors.jpg

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom