Wind Deflectors

AdyC

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 Trophy LR
Has anyone purchased and fitted wind deflectors for the MG4. Ive seen plenty on Ali express that all look the same but was wondering what the fit is like.At the moment im a little put off by the chrome trim on the adhesive edges and would prefer all black but cant find any. If anyone has any images it would be appreciated. The steaming up does my head in which soon disperses when i crack a window but if its wet, water pours in the car which is even more annoying.

Has anyone purchased and fitted wind deflectors for the MG4. Ive seen plenty on Ali express that all look the same but was wondering what the fit is like.At the moment im a little put off by the chrome trim on the adhesive edges and would prefer all black but cant find any. If anyone has any images it would be appreciated. The steaming up does my head in which soon disperses when i crack a window but if its wet, water pours in the car which is even more annoying.
Have an unused opened box, but completely unused set sitting in my garage at the moment, which is never got fitted to my EZ Zs trophy which I no longer have as I have exchanged it for a PHEV exclusive. I did have these for sale. I would be able to send them by the Weeknd if you wanted to buy them for £30, but as I’m away for nearly a month after the weekend nothing can happen after Friday.

I've been waiting for someone to post on the result of fitting wind deflectors for a while. Last I looked, the Ali Express one's didn't look that great hence why I've not committed to them. Must say the MG4 could do with them as its rather noisy with windows open and the wind quickly starts to resonate in an almost ear drum damaging manner.

I certainly could do with some, it's one thing I miss from the ZS where I had fitted some so I could crack the windows open a little to help demisting without having to put the heater on.
I was looking for some that didn't have the cheesy chrome strip on.
I found some but they were £73 compared to the same thing with chrome strip at £43. There's no way I'm paying £30 extra for not having the chrome on.

Have an unused opened box, but completely unused set sitting in my garage at the moment, which is never got fitted to my EZ Zs trophy which I no longer have as I have exchanged it for a PHEV exclusive. I did have these for sale. I would be able to send them by the Weeknd if you wanted to buy them for £30, but as I’m away for nearly a month after the weekend nothing can happen after Friday.
Sorry I missed that you meant MG4. Mine are for Zs ev or any Zs

I certainly could do with some, it's one thing I miss from the ZS where I had fitted some so I could crack the windows open a little to help demisting without having to put the heater on.
I found some but they were £73 compared to the same thing with chrome strip at £43. There's no way I'm paying £30 extra for not having the chrome on.
Be cheaper to buy a can of spray paint and paint the chrome bits to a colour of your liking. Black maybe?

Be cheaper to buy a can of spray paint and paint the chrome bits to a colour of your liking. Black maybe?
Good call, TBH I never thought of painting them, it had been suggested to wrap them, but I wouldn't be very good at that due to my hands not being very steady, but I think I could manage a rattle can.

Can you recall who was selling the more expensive sets. Ali express or otherwise
I noticed a lot of Ali express ones coming through broken after waiting 2 months.

Last edited:
I've been waiting for someone to post on the result of fitting wind deflectors for a while. Last I looked, the Ali Express one's didn't look that great hence why I've not committed to them. Must say the MG4 could do with them as its rather noisy with windows open and the wind quickly starts to resonate in an almost ear drum damaging manner.

When you have the front window down, also open a rear window an inch, stops the resonating in your ears by relieving the pressure in the car. give it a try. :)

When you have the front window down, also open a rear window an inch, stops the resonating in your ears by relieving the pressure in the car. give it a try. :)
Thats what i always do helps a lot . Any advice for water coming in maybe a pair of goggles or face mask, :)
Ive just sent a message to the Ali express seller to make sure the ones shown are the ones he is selling and not some random image used without the silver trim. I wont hold my breath as hes replied which ones do you want can you send an image 🤬

Heres the reply from the seller "I think there should be no like that , there are bright strips ". So.. looks like the ones shown in the listings are not the ones you get and should be like the image in 100s advertised on aliexpress. I might well get a cheap set and buy some window tinting film ,the smallest amount available and cover the chrome area .

Heres the reply from the seller "I think there should be no like that , there are bright strips ". So.. looks like the ones shown in the listings are not the ones you get and should be like the image in 100s advertised on aliexpress. I might well get a cheap set and buy some window tinting film ,the smallest amount available and cover the chrome area .
I thought I found some on Amazon today at £89 that had no chrome strip in the picture, but when I asked the question, I got an answer saying they do have a chrome strip. :(

I recently received a set from Aliexpress. Quality was shocking and I didn't even bother fitting them. 2 of the 4 were snapped and the chrome strips were wavy and didn't cover the full size. The sticky strip was also not very sticky

Does anyone know if you can get the "In Window" deflectors you can get for other vehicles? I had a set of Team Heko ones on my previous car.

I recently received a set from Aliexpress. Quality was shocking and I didn't even bother fitting them. 2 of the 4 were snapped and the chrome strips were wavy and didn't cover the full size. The sticky strip was also not very sticky

Does anyone know if you can get the "In Window" deflectors you can get for other vehicles? I had a set of Team Heko ones on my previous car.
I hope mine are ok then . I did read through the sellers reviews regarding previous purchasers of the same and they were all good so fingers crossed.
Sellers are normally fairly good if you make contact and hate negative feedback. Previously i had a seller ask i didnt leave negative feedback and just gave me a refund on £50 worth so we will have to see. I did email Ispeed and Heko regarding the MG4 and neither replied .

I hope mine are ok then . I did read through the sellers reviews regarding previous purchasers of the same and they were all good so fingers crossed.
Sellers are normally fairly good if you make contact and hate negative feedback. Previously i had a seller ask i didnt leave negative feedback and just gave me a refund on £50 worth so we will have to see. I did email Ispeed and Heko regarding the MG4 and neither replied .
I had to settle with a 50% refund. They wanted more pictures than the 8 already sent and by that time they had gone in the bin. I'm going to wait it out and hope Heko or Ispeed make some

I bought mine A load of rubbish don’t fit or stick properly And still noisy ok for ventilation around town. Trouble is their surface mount and not up under the rubber door frame. So save your money

I bought mine A load of rubbish don’t fit or stick properly And still noisy ok for ventilation around town. Trouble is their surface mount and not up under the rubber door frame. So save your money

I always thought that wind deflectors only came as standard with a pipe, flat cap, string backed gloves and a Labrador.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 503 79.1%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 86 13.5%
  • No

Votes: 47 7.4%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back