• We are having a problem with new Hotmail members being unable to receive activation emails. Please avoid using a Hotmail email address. Thanks.

Window Tinting MG5

Shadow tinting nr York did ours for a very competitive price , very! LV wanted £20 extra for the mod

I have had my windows tinted (see pics), all windows behind the front driver and front passengers windows are dark, I had this done at the dealer prior to collection, this was £250.

Two weeks later I decided I wanted more windows tinting, I looked for a local tinting business and they came to me, I had the front side windows done, they are lightly tinted allowing 70% of light transfer. I also had a sun strip fitted at the top of the windscreen £130.

It might be more cost effective to look for a tinting business near you rather than the dealer.

There are many reasons for tinting, I wanted glare reduction, UV protection and something to help keep the cabin cooler in summer, some tinting films also provide heat rejection.

As you can see from the outside its dark but inside visibility is really good.

Always check that your tints are legal, I was issued with a warranty card with details of the tint film used.

Hope this helps
If you live in Norfolk I can recommend Direct Window Tinting of Norwich. Very professional, uses Llumar tint film with lifetime warranty. Also removes opening windows rather than tucking film in, avoids the film dislodging when opening and closing windows. It is better to have the work done at a company that has dust free environment for carrying out the work to avoid bubbling later. This firm is familiar with MG brand too.

I have booked my car in at global tinting - the is a note about matrixing has anyone experienced this with the mg 5

Never heard of that term. Shadow tinting York did mine no issues or mention of 'matrixing'

Yes the black coating at the edge of the glass they bond to fades into dots. Because the dots are raised you gat a visible band. It improves as the water used in application drys after a few days but it remains noticeable.
20220907_110233.jpg

Thanks for that - has it compleley disappeared now its dry ?

No that picture was taken this morning several months after tinting. Here's another pic just taken you see there is a lighter band inset to the glass edge. It became uniform after a few days it wasn't initially. Because its on the glass I think any Tint would be the same.
20220907_113521.jpg

Yes but it still looks better tinted than untinted - what tint did you go for - was it global luna

I think Global luna is safe bet - i will probably go with that - they are comming to my house to do it on the 19th

I think Global luna is safe bet - i will probably go with that - they are comming to my house to do it on the 19th
Luna is good. I had the twilight on my ZS EV and it was subtle to say the least. The Onyx is way too gangsterish dark for my liking but the Luna hits the spot.
Get them to do the front sides to legal limits as well as there is NO factory tint at all.

Luna is good. I had the twilight on my ZS EV and it was subtle to say the least. The Onyx is way too gangsterish dark for my liking but the Luna hits the spot.
Get them to do the front sides to legal limits as well as there is NO factory tint at all.
It is worth mentioning, that when choosing a strength of tint for your car, take into account that it will much darker inside of the cabin, when it has been raining or at night time.
If you go full on “Gangster” tint, it will really cut down on the visibility when it is dark and raining.
You can then understand why it is illegal to dark tint the front screen and front window side glass.

I am going for Luna on the rear what is the best for the front?

Front sides, anything more than twilight will push you past the legal maximum. It does seem a bit too light considering I went onyx on the rear, but should blend well with luna.

Front sides, anything more than twilight will push you past the legal maximum. It does seem a bit too light considering I went onyx on the rear, but should blend well with luna.
I called Global today as they are meant to be comming on Monday to see if they have moved my appointment - they said they are still comming

Their website quoted me 250 for the rear windows - no details...
That is expensive, try the website again.
Estate car, MG, luna should be £210 then add referral code FB20 to get to £190.

That is not a personal code, it's a general facebook one and I used Stirlingshire as the location.

1663142704598.png

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom