Window Tinting

pdwebb23

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi Guys.

Forgive me if this question has already been answered in the forum.

Really impressed with my ZS, had it just over a month now and it's a very good car. Only issue for me right now is roasting in it during the warmer weather! I am thinking about getting the windows tinted within legal limits and wondered if anyone knew whether the front windows are factory tinted? I would be surprised if they are! If anyone has had any experience in this matter please can you let me know.

Thanks

Hi Guys.

Forgive me if this question has already been answered in the forum.

Really impressed with my ZS, had it just over a month now and it's a very good car. Only issue for me right now is roasting in it during the warmer weather! I am thinking about getting the windows tinted within legal limits and wondered if anyone knew whether the front windows are factory tinted? I would be surprised if they are! If anyone has had any experience in this matter please can you let me know.

Thanks
It's a good point which I've been wondering too . I would like to have recommendations where we would find a place applying tinting films and how much would it cost roughly , close to Cambridgeshire area or maximum to North London zone ... ( I prefer lightly tint front windows and a bit more tinted rear windows ... )

Thank you ... 🙏🏻🤓

It's a good point which I've been wondering too . I would like to have recommendations where we would find a place applying tinting films and how much would it cost roughly , close to Cambridgeshire area or maximum to North London zone ... ( I prefer lightly tint front windows and a bit more tinted rear windows ... )

Thank you ... 🙏🏻🤓
Global tint, you're looking at £210, they come to you they can show you the tint on the window so you can change your mind on how dark right up to the point they start cutting it.

Had mine done yesterday by globaltint. After clarifying the price for the ZS, I am happy with quote: £150 for the rear (tint used is Luna @ 20%) and £60 front (70%) total is £210 this is after £20 discount if you use FB20 code.
They are very good and come to your place if your area is within their range. Highly recommended and they offer lifetime warranty.
Originally booked next month as waiting time is 4 weeks but someone had cancelled and unexpectedly gave the slot to me yesterday.
Please see photos from installation to completion🙂

Attachments

• 516DBE81-82A1-4690-9924-B211B0CF4E55.jpeg
    516DBE81-82A1-4690-9924-B211B0CF4E55.jpeg
    718.9 KB · Views: 214
  • 318BE0BE-D133-4E5D-A93B-9D1E5C61729F.jpeg
    318BE0BE-D133-4E5D-A93B-9D1E5C61729F.jpeg
    353.5 KB · Views: 226
  • EF906852-AE06-4556-A723-5A889D93A040.jpeg
    EF906852-AE06-4556-A723-5A889D93A040.jpeg
    714.6 KB · Views: 207
  • 4CA5609B-3161-4FA2-88C2-A54182DACA71.jpeg
    4CA5609B-3161-4FA2-88C2-A54182DACA71.jpeg
    659.4 KB · Views: 211
Had mine done yesterday by globaltint. After clarifying the price for the ZS, I am happy with quote: £150 for the rear (tint used is Luna @ 20%) and £60 front (70%) total is £210 this is after £20 discount if you use FB20 code.
They are very good and come to your place if your area is within their range. Highly recommended and they offer lifetime warranty.
Originally booked next month as waiting time is 4 weeks but someone had cancelled and unexpectedly gave the slot to me yesterday.
Thank you for sharing, this is so helpful because Global is the one most available where I am.

It's great to see the result, especially as I had specifically been looking at Twilight fronts and Luna rears with the exception of perhaps getting only those two little triangular side windows in Onyx...however the finish you have here looks really nice with Luna in those sections.

This has reassured me that I was right in thinking Onyx on all the rears would be too stark a difference from the fronts, for the look I'd prefer.

Such a small change really, but I think it improves the finish of the car - £210 well spent 👌

Thank you ... 🙏🏻🤓
In my area its £180 for black to rear and rear sides, £80 for legal front sides

That looks amazing!! I'll definitely look at them whenever our ZS EV LR arrives. Ours is Red so looking forward to it.

Is the windscreen included to the fronts , please ? Thank you ...

Not sure that tinting the front screen is legal in the U.K. anyway.
Yeah - you can tint the windscreen - there are people running with a UV film that gives a rainbow effect - which it an acquired taste

Vehicles first used on 1 April 1985 or later​

The front windscreen must let at least 75% of light through and the front side windows must let at least 70% of light through.

I have been in contact with a local company and they are offering to place Llumar Air 80 Blue ceramic film on the front windscreen. Apparently this will fall within legal limits on the side windows as well. As anyone had any experience with this type of film?

I have been in contact with a local company and they are offering to place Llumar Air 80 Blue ceramic film on the front windscreen. Apparently this will fall within legal limits on the side windows as well. As anyone had any experience with this type of film?

I have Llumar Air 80 on my front side windows. Although it is stated as clear window film, on the spec sheet it does say 77% VLT. It is very clear it is tinted just by comparing the side window with the clear windscreen. No way you will be legal to put this on the front windscreen.

I have Llumar Air 80 on my front side windows. Although it is stated as clear window film, on the spec sheet it does say 77% VLT. It is very clear it is tinted just by comparing the side window with the clear windscreen. No way you will be legal to put this on the front windscreen.

Law states :

Vehicles first used on 1 April 1985 or later​

The front windscreen must let at least 75% of light through and the front side windows must let at least 70% of light through.

So, a 77% transmission should be legal on front windscreen.

Has it made a difference to the amount of heat entering the vehicle by having these?

Cheers

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom