Wireless Apple CarPlay adaptor

still not convinced, £90 for option not to plug in seems overkill
You can get the version 4 from : Ali Express for £55.06
Ordered mine last week and due in 8th August. Much mor reasonable price.
On Amazon it is £140

Is this it? 38.69£ 44% OFF|Carlinkit Wired/wireless Carplay Adapter Android Auto Dongle Mirror For Modify Android Screen Car Airplay Smart Link Ios 16 - Car Ai Box - AliExpress - £39

Might think about one at that price.

I have been having occasional drop-outs on Waze. I am absolutely convinced it is due to poor connection between cable and phone, at the phone end, as I see the same when connecting the phone to the PC for data transfer, and can easily reproduce it by wiggling the cable. If I just put the phone in the side pocket for the trip it tends to stay connected but as soon as I have to move it it will likely cut off. (I also have a soft phone case with a plastic flap which covers the charge hole which can interfere with a good connection - new case is on it's way.)

The protocol is very unforgiving in that a momentary cut-off disconnects the whole session - no wait/retry. The phone isn't old but the charging port gets lots of use so I suspect it's a bit worn as I'm using top quality cables, incl new ones I had in my drawer. I may try just nipping one of the older cables with pliers to tighten the connection but that may well misalign the pins and therefore not work.

I paid £75.93. Thoroughly recommend it.👴

You can get the version 4 from : Ali Express for £55.06
Ordered mine last week and due in 8th August. Much mor reasonable price.
On Amazon it is £105.99
That’ll teach me to order from Amazon. Ordered yesterday and delivered today but I could have waited a couple of weeks to save £50.

Mine has just arrived it took just over a week from China but a good tracking service, it took about a minute to set up and I’m well happy 😃 no more trailing wires etc, there’s not much too it so hopefully it has longevity 👍

Mine has just arrived it took just over a week from China but a good tracking service, it took about a minute to set up and I’m well happy 😃 no more trailing wires etc, there’s not much too it so hopefully it has longevity 👍
Can you post a link to the one you ordered please?

Click and wait for the wheel spin to pop up you may get a discount 👍

Ta. 16% discount. Still too much for me though.
If like me, when you get a new phone you stash the old one away somewhere, try one of your old phones.
I couldn't get AA to work at all consistently with my phone regardless of how many cables I tried, but I dug out an old phone and connected that and did a wifi hotspot from my current phone to it. An old Huawei worked perfectly.
Although I did buy a AAWireless thingy eventually the old phone could have been used as the same thing.

That's worth investigating, I've got a drawerful of them. But tbh it's not a biggy for me anyway, if it loses it it's usually only a matter of unplugging and plugging in again. If I were trying to use the actual handset while driving it'd be a problem, but I don't :)

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom