Wireless phone charger

leeroyb

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 XPOWER
Hi all,
Anyone else had issues getting the wireless charger to work? It comes on and the goes off again with a message asking to check objects on charger pad or something. Tried it without a case as well.
Any ideas or suggestions?

Thanks

Where do you get this message? On the phone or the car screen? Mine works fine as far as I can see on my phone, don't remember seeing any notifications on the car screen.
You are not supposed to keep anything on the charging pad apart from the phone charging. Your phone case might be causing a bit of trouble or the phone might move from the correct position...

Where do you get this message? On the phone or the car screen? Mine works fine as far as I can see on my phone, don't remember seeing any notifications on the car screen.
You are not supposed to keep anything on the charging pad apart from the phone charging. Your phone case might be causing a bit of trouble or the phone might move from the correct position...
Message comes up on the car screen. I’ll take a picture of it. Tried it without the case on aswell.

OK, I tried my daughter's iPhone the other day and it's fine. what may be happening - and certainly to @mgoz , your phone moves out of the charging point so all you need to do is get one of those non-slip rubbery mats (thinner one) and make sure you place your phone in the correct position.

@leeroyb - about the message saying check objects on charging pad, make sure there is nothing else there apart from your phone and that the phone doesn't move about. next to check would be whether something slipped under the cover (can't remember now whether the rubbery cover on the charger point lifts off or not). if there is nothing there and you still get those messages, it may be that the charger itself developed a fault.
try with a different phone also, it may be that your phone is playing up with the car despite working on your desktop charger?

Last edited:
The wireless charger pad is junk. My Iphone 15 plus won't charge reliably so I removed the plastic mat to try and improve the connection. It helped but needed some non-slip mat on it otherwise the phone flies around. Still get the same unreliable charging though.

The wireless charger pad is junk. My Iphone 15 plus won't charge reliably so I removed the plastic mat to try and improve the connection. It helped but needed some non-slip mat on it otherwise the phone flies around. Still get the same unreliable charging though.
I find it reliable but weak. When using Android Auto the power consumption exceeds the charging capability, so the phone still loses charge.

I find it reliable but weak. When using Android Auto the power consumption exceeds the charging capability, so the phone still loses charge.
I recently upgraded to wireless AA via the Motorola MA1. My phone charges very well on the wireless pad, in a thick case, with an extra non-slip mat on top of the normal tray. My phone always gains charge over a journey even using maps and music. It's a Pixel 7 for reference.

Mine's a Xiaomi 12 using a no-name AA dongle from Amazon using either Sygic or Google Maps plus BBC Sounds or Google Podcasts. On a 25 mile ride it goes from 95% to 93% (without the charger it's from about 95% to 90%). It's certainly charging all the time as I have the icon on screen.

I have found out that if I place the phone square in the bottom left corner of the charging pad with the bottom of phone facing steering wheel it works fine. I’ll post a pic tomorrow to explain better.

IMG_0988.jpeg

I have found out that if I place the phone square in the bottom left corner of the charging pad with the bottom of phone facing steering wheel it works fine. I’ll post a pic tomorrow to explain better.
👍 of course, every phone is different as to where the wireless charging point is. Also, different phones charge differently. Mine charges fully (limited to 90%) very quickly despite Bluetooth AA dongle "playing" maps and music ...

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 502 79.4%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 84 13.3%
  • No

Votes: 46 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back