Would you buy an MG4 standard range Trophy?

Would you buy an MG4 standard range Trophy if MG made that combination?

• Total voters
Cost so much more to use a petrol car on long journeys. Not green.
Until public charging becomes massively cheaper, reliable and available ( 150kw chargers are 66p per kWh near me and probably more expensive at motorway services, this equates to 22p per mile with the car doing 3miles per KW - which it is, then at 22p per mile my petrol car is costing the same to run )

I’m not risking taking the MG4 down to my parents in Cornwall when it’s going to cost me the same and need much more planning - nothing in Cornwall is on your door step. Now if my parents had a 7kw charger then this would tempt me, but they don’t.

Well, as the MG4 will be our second car, and both I and my wife's commute to work is less than 15 miles from home, I would and could easily live with around 200 miles of range which the SR would provide.

In fact, I was looking to replace the ICE car I am trading in on the Mg4 deal, with an e-Golf or BMW i3, but the prices of those two alternatives (often 2 to 3 years old) is so close to a new MG4 that is makes no sense to go and purchase and fund a three year old vehicle.

Yes the MG might not have the cache of a VW or BMW, but the overall package is quite compelling.

I do however find that the specification omissions of note on the Trophy (no front PDC, or auto wipers) to be unfortunate and mystifying, but not deal breakers.

If the 360 camera was available on the SR SE I would have purchased that in a heart beat

Given the different battery chemistry between the SR and LR - with the SR ‘liking’ 100% and the LR preferring 80% charge - I suspect with the exception of those who do regular long journeys, the SR would be a better choice for many - especially those who use solar or off peak charge nightly.

Always felt that an SR Trophy made a lot of sense. Possibly this is a ploy to maximise profit given availability of components.

Can you heat the seats remotely from the app? Even for 10mins might be enough to take the chill off them in winter.

Can you heat the seats remotely from the app? Even for 10mins might be enough to take the chill off them in winter.
Can't you just sit in the car and turn on the heating switch for the seats?

Yes you can, after you enable HVAC remotely then click on the HVAC button at top right of screen and then click on warm up. At the moment you need to select passenger for driver seat and vice versa as it’s configured for left hand drive

2793F8EB-E117-4F4F-9A27-CC300E890928.jpeg

Yes you can, after you enable HVAC remotely then click on the HVAC button at top right of screen and then click on warm up. At the moment you need to select passenger for driver seat and vice versa as it’s configured for left hand drive

View attachment 12740
Excellent! Thanks for confirming.
The left hand drive passenger/driver thing is surely something the app developers could fix… it sounds like a pretty simple bug!

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 506 79.2%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 86 13.5%
  • No

Votes: 47 7.4%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back