X Power Vibes Fix?

Is the recommended pressure on the X-Power 39 psi? On the SE (with 17" wheels) it is 37 psi.
No.
Just checked 2.5 37 psi

I put them all up to 40psi.
Transformational!
Like driving a different car!

I can't quite get my head around the physics to explain how a few psi should make such a difference.
Any takers?

Last edited:
I can't quite get my head around the physics to explain how a few psi should make such a difference.
Any takers?
All I can think of is that the tyres had a flat spot from storage and increasing the pressure removed it. It would be interesting if after a few hundred miles you put them back down to the recommended pressures if the vibrations returned.

Sentimental don't cha know.
Oh and a heart condition.
Not to mention the deafness, baldness, and general wear and tear at such a young age.
Bloody Army's got a lot to answer for.
If we're comparing defects...
Thyroid non functional
Dry eye
Blood pressure
Baldness
Autoimmune system attacking all my joints (rheumatoid arthritis)
Precursor to liver problems caused by medication for rheumatoid arthritis.

But apart from that I don't have high cholesterol or diabetes or so my last set of blood tests say 😁

All I can think of is that the tyres had a flat spot from storage and increasing the pressure removed it. It would be interesting if after a few hundred miles you put them back down to the recommended pressures if the vibrations returned.

If we're comparing defects...
Thyroid non functional
Dry eye
Blood pressure
Baldness
Autoimmune system attacking all my joints (rheumatoid arthritis)
Precursor to liver problems caused by medication for rheumatoid arthritis.

But apart from that I don't have high cholesterol or diabetes or so my last set of blood tests say 😁

Why don't I start a new thread?

The...............

"Top Trumps Of Old Gippers Ailments and
Health Complications"

You will obviously start off with a commanding lead! 🤣

But I reckon it could be one of our busiest threads!!!🤣

On a serious note (I know!)

I was getting out of breath doing my tyre pressures yesterday!
I've recently found out I have a leaking heart valve.
Ruined.
I'll probably end up with a new one at some point.
My wife suffers from RA, amongst other things.

Mustn't grumble.

ALJazeera sees to that.

Back on subject….although I was tempted to add my ailments😂
Had the longer drive this morning and no improvement at 70mph in my case, minimum vibes still there. Low speed vibes increased the rattles! So will be back to the 37psi listed on door frame, when the tyres have cooled off.

Sounds like you are very lucky! Picked up our new x-power last week (Sept build) and it's going back to the dealers due to the vibrations on Friday. Tried upping the pressures on ours but very little improvement?

Also seems any flatspots take a few thousand miles to decrease.

Lots of variables going on here but good to see a couple of positive results just by upping the psi.

No.
Just checked 2.5 37 psi

Transformational!

Any takers?
In GT racing 0.1 psi makes a massive difference.
I stand by my opinion that the x-power should have wider tyres anyway: 245 at the front and 255 at the rears.

No.
Just checked 2.5 37 psi

Transformational!

Any takers?
Just been out again for a 50m+ drive and can definitely notice the vibes even sitting in the passenger seat. Will get the old Forest Gump out when I get back and whack them up to 40/41 and see what’s occurring

On a slightly different note, does anyone have a recommendation for a cleaning product for the dashboard? I literally wiped it with a micro fibre cloth and it’s got marks all over the place!
IMG_1474.jpeg

I will give the car a longer test on Friday but I don't notice any worse drive over rough roads than I had before...I do notice a much more quieter drive, hum/tyre/road noise has disappeared...the vibration is now very minimal

Just been out again for a 50m+ drive and can definitely notice the vibes even sitting in the passenger seat. Will get the old Forest Gump out when I get back and whack them up to 40/41 and see what’s occurring
Wait til tomorrow m8.
Pump up to 40psi from cold.👍

On a slightly different note, does anyone have a recommendation for a cleaning product for the dashboard? I literally wiped it with a micro fibre cloth and it’s got marks all over the place! View attachment 25364

Autoglym Vinyl and Rubber Care.
Spray 1 squirt onto a microfibre cloth and apply.
I also use it on all the door plastics.

Autoglym Fast Glass on screens and piano black.

You could just use a damp microfibre cloth to remove the marks.

Autoglym Fast Glass is very good for getting rid of bird shite from the matte green paint aswell😁

On a slightly different note, does anyone have a recommendation for a cleaning product for the dashboard? I literally wiped it with a micro fibre cloth and it’s got marks all over the place! View attachment 25364
I use these and for the life of me, I cannot remember where I got them, it may been Home Bargains for £1🤷‍♂️. They are great for the dashboard and if I get water marks from rain dripping in on the door side panels, the wipes get rid of the marks.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240403_154904_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20240403_154904_Samsung Internet.jpg
    177.3 KB · Views: 18
On a slightly different note, does anyone have a recommendation for a cleaning product for the dashboard? I literally wiped it with a micro fibre cloth and it’s got marks all over the place! [

Gtechniq Matte Dash for me, it leaves a nice matte (non smelly finish) 👍😉

Autoglym Vinyl and Rubber Care is great for the rubber door seals - a bit too glossy and smelly for me on the dash if I'm honest.

Just a word of warning - the accuracy of tyre pressure gauges isn't something that you can necessarily rely on. Here's one which at least has something of an accuracy spec:

Watch out for cheap knock-offs though. Caveat emptor...

problem with over inflating the tyre is its going to wear the center of the tyre out faster same as under inflating it will chew the sides out..

1712185148182.png

if it s fix great but may cause tyre life and wear to be shortened

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom