XPower charging cable

JAD

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 XPOWER
Having recently bought an XPower, I am looking to buy a charging cable but not pay the full £236 for an MG one! I assume that any type 2 to type 2 32A will do? Should I get a 3 Phase 22kw one? Any recommendations? Halfords Ring or better value elsewhere?

I think you only have a 7kw onboard charger now so anything extra is overkill. I happened to have a left over one from my i3 days but I think it’s more capable than the car.

sigh why do I click Amazon links for stuff I don’t need. I’ll be recommended it for MONTHS now (until I click something else I equally don’t want and it’ll be that 🤣)

I think you only have a 7kw onboard charger now so anything extra is overkill. I happened to have a left over one from my i3 days but I think it’s more capable than the car.
I think it can take 11kw (3 phase @16A)
... not that I have 3 phase

Got mine from here a few months back £99 now for single and about £120 for a 3 phase if you need the 3 phase

Single will do for any phase 2 it seems.
IMG_4753.jpeg

But if you have (or may get/use) other EVs then having a higher spec one makes sense.

Single will do for any phase 2 it seems.
View attachment 20562
But if you have (or may get/use) other EVs then having a higher spec one makes sense.
Yeah, I was basing it on this..

Having recently bought an XPower, I am looking to buy a charging cable but not pay the full £236 for an MG one! I assume that any type 2 to type 2 32A will do? Should I get a 3 Phase 22kw one? Any recommendations? Halfords Ring or better value elsewhere?
Greenflag still have a sale on. 32Amps | 5M | Three Phase £120.49 and 32Amps | 5M | Single Phase £99.99

Interesting how the brochure shows 7kW as the max AC charge rate but these 2 websites say the car can charge at up to 11kW AC. Anyone tried public AC charging on a 3 phase charger?

I'm sure I saw a used MG one on the forum somewhere for a £100?

Interesting how the brochure shows 7kW as the max AC charge rate but these 2 websites say the car can charge at up to 11kW AC. Anyone tried public AC charging on a 3 phase charger?

There's a simple solution for any X-Power owner - just look at the damn charge port. If there are pins in the L2 and L3 holes then it almost certainly supports 3-phase charging. ;)

There's a simple solution for any X-Power owner - just look at the damn charge port. If there are pins in the L2 and L3 holes then it almost certainly supports 3-phase charging. ;)
Thanks 👍
I assumed the chap.wanted to do a balance charge?
I've read somewhere that I should attempt a full charge every now and again to balance the batterys?
All my charging is done at my local Tesla Superchargers as I can't reliably charge at home. (Off grid, solar only)
20231005_183742.jpg

Last edited:
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom