Xpower collection tips

si1972

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
Not an MG
So I ordered an Arctic White xpower on a 2 year lease back in Feb.. not picking it up from Poole Hendy till mid June as that's when my old lease car get returned.. I asked for the orange caliper covers to be removed at PDI.. they want £40 for this.. does this sound reasonable?

Also I have been reading about the vibration issue and whether it will come with latest software version... any tips welcome on how to handle either issue...

Cheers
Si

So I ordered an Arctic White xpower on a 2 year lease back in Feb.. not picking it up from Poole Hendy till mid June as that's when my old lease car get returned.. I asked for the orange caliper covers to be removed at PDI.. they want £40 for this.. does this sound reasonable?

Also I have been reading about the vibration issue and whether it will come with latest software version... any tips welcome on how to handle either issue...

Cheers
Si
Hi Simon
Removing your calipre covers is easy (15 mins) the rear ones simply undo the two bolts & wiggle them out between the spokes. Front ones simply pop the wheel off then remove the 2 bolts. IF you pay them to remove them make sure they are with the car because you cannot buy them. Im disabled & removed mine last friday to have them wrapped a nicer colour. As for vibration my Dec 23 x power doesn’t have it. Enjoy the car & welcome to the group 👍

Attachments

• IMG_7716.png
    IMG_7716.png
    1.9 MB · Views: 21
We purchased our new X-Power from Hendy Poole a month ago and so far, the only good thing was the purchase price. Tried to reject the car as has the bad vibrations (worse then many x-powers) but this has been rejected. Asked for infotainment software update - ignored.

It’s a shame as the technicians I’ve been in direct contact with are good - management not so good (having to be polite in case it all goes to court!).

As mentioned above - remove the covers yourself if you can. What they’ve quoted you is probably their minimum payment for any work.

Also check the infotainment version number - should be either R46 or R59. If it’s still R40, make sure you mention Bluetooth connections issues which you will have VOE.

Last edited by a moderator:
We purchased our new X-Power from Hendy Poole a month ago and so far, the only good thing was the purchase price. Tried to reject the car as has the bad vibrations (worse then many x-powers) but this has been rejected. Asked for infotainment software update - ignored.

It’s a shame as the technicians I’ve been in direct contact with are good - management not so good (having to be polite in case it all goes to court!).

As mentioned above - remove the covers yourself if you can. What they’ve quoted you is probably their minimum payment for any work.

Also check the infotainment version number - should be either R46 or R59. If it’s still R40, make sure you mention Bluetooth connections issues which you will have VOE.
Just so your aware I queried with the lease company who responded with the following:

I have received the below response from our MG supplier:

‘We will road test this vehicle at the point of PDI (Pre delivery inspection) to see if this fault presents itself on this vehicle. I have been advised by an MG salesperson that this issue isn't due to manufacturing or software but is from flat spots on the tyres from the vehicle being strapped onto a transporter. This means when the vehicle gets up to 60-70 mph a vibration can be felt through the steering wheel. I have been advised however that this fault doesn't happen to all vehicles, and I know MG UK are aware of the issue’.

Hendy is their supplier.. I'm picking it up from Poole.. but not sure if this response is from the Poole dealership specifically.

I have asked what happens if this fault occurs at the PDI of my vehicle.. I have also asked for the manufacturing date since I ordered in January and was advised it was a factory order so assume a 2024 build date lol

Last edited:
Just so your aware I queried with the lease company who responded with the following:

I have received the below response from our MG supplier:

‘We will road test this vehicle at the point of PDI (Pre delivery inspection) to see if this fault presents itself on this vehicle. I have been advised by an MG salesperson that this issue isn't due to manufacturing or software but is from flat spots on the tyres from the vehicle being strapped onto a transporter. This means when the vehicle gets up to 60-70 mph a vibration can be felt through the steering wheel. I have been advised however that this fault doesn't happen to all vehicles, and I know MG UK are aware of the issue’.

Hendy is their supplier.. I'm picking it up from Poole.. but not sure if this response is from the Poole dealership specifically.

I have asked what happens if this fault occurs at the PDI of my vehicle.. I have also asked for the manufacturing date since I ordered in January and was advised it was a factory order so assume a 2024 build date lol
So in that case, it all depends how hard your X Power is strapped down on the transporter. So you really want a weedy bloke strapping your X Power down, then it might be ok. If you happen to get the Hulk strapping it down, you've no chance!
Call me cynical but utter Bollox springs to mind. 🙄😡🤬

Been carefully wording emails to the lease broker.. I asked what would happen if the issue is identified with my vehicle.. they were like if the problem occurs after delivery it would be a warranty issue.. I then said what if it's identified at the PDI.. would they swap for one without the issue or fix the issue prior to delivery..

'Hi Simon,

That’s right, they would either resolve the issue prior to handing it to you or replace it for a vehicle without the issue.

Kind regards,'

So unless they identify the issue PDI and then tell me it's not got the issue (lying) I should be all set for one without the issue.. lol.. I always doubt the honesty of car salesmen.. wonder what will happen..

Personally I would insist on going out with the technician when they test for the vibes during the PDI and make sure they cruise for quite a while at the 66-70mph range.

If you get the garage to remove the caliper covers you will need to keep all the parts safe for when you return the vehicle at the end of the lease (or incur a charge on lease return). I'd also advise that the brakes don't look that pretty without the covers IMHO.
IMG_2248.JPG

IMG_2264.JPG

One would suggest that weeks on a container ship travelling from China to the UK is more likely to cause flat spots than a few hours or days strapped to a transporter. 🙄
To be honest I don't personally think just travelling from China or the back of a transporter causes flat spots. I would've thought it would would take many, many months, if not years to cause a flat spot on a tyre. IMO. 🙂👍

It can happen if the car is transported with under-inflated tyres ... but part of the mitigation is to over-inflate the tyres for transportation/shipping. 👍

Been carefully wording emails to the lease broker.. I asked what would happen if the issue is identified with my vehicle.. they were like if the problem occurs after delivery it would be a warranty issue.. I then said what if it's identified at the PDI.. would they swap for one without the issue or fix the issue prior to delivery..

'Hi Simon,

That’s right, they would either resolve the issue prior to handing it to you or replace it for a vehicle without the issue.

Kind regards,'

So unless they identify the issue PDI and then tell me it's not got the issue (lying) I should be all set for one without the issue.. lol.. I always doubt the honesty of car salesmen.. wonder what will happen..
Having had lots of experience with this dealer, I’d put money on them not testing it for the vibration at PDI and if you find you have it, they are now towing the MG Uk line that it’s an acceptable‘characteristic’ of the car and so does not warrant a rejection claim.

We’re having to accept our car back with the vibration or take legal action to reject as they’ve refused our rejection request, after many weeks of correspondence. Just haven’t got the time and energy to fight them so hope MG come up with a fix.

Really hope you get a good one (which apparently don’t exist according to MG Uk - I have that in writing!)

Having had lots of experience with this dealer, I’d put money on them not testing it for the vibration at PDI and if you find you have it, they are now towing the MG Uk line that it’s an acceptable‘characteristic’ of the car and so does not warrant a rejection claim.

We’re having to accept our car back with the vibration or take legal action to reject as they’ve refused our rejection request, after many weeks of correspondence. Just haven’t got the time and energy to fight them so hope MG come up with a fix.

Really hope you get a good one (which apparently don’t exist according to MG Uk - I have that in writing!)
Don't blame you, I personally couldn't be arsed, taking legal action, and unfortunately they know that, not many if any will. Hopefully yours will get better in time. Sad state of affairs, though. 🤬

Last edited:
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom