I guess if you want to compare efficiency then look at the MPG figures for these ICE cars with the same 0-60 time as the XPower, I think they are around 15 - 25 mpg

Screenshot 2024-01-17 at 17.18.20.png

I am honestly trying to enjoy my X Power.
I find the ride is very rough, the car bumps around and I always seem to be steering the car back into a straight line. The steering wheel is off centre.

The tyre noise is really loud, it drones through the cabin, I only drove for 1hr 30min down the M5 last weekend and my hand was numb from the vibration through the steering wheel. I can also hear the vibration🤷‍♂️. It feels like it's causing friction, holding the car back so must be having an effect on the cars efficiency.

I have a lot of creaking/rattling in the cabin, the drivers seat creaks and so does the drivers seat belt fastener.
I don't find it fun to drive, I reported all this to my dealer in November and here we are mid Jan.

I do love the colour though🤣

I find the ride is very rough, the car bumps around and I always seem to be steering the car back into a straight line. The steering wheel is off centre.

The tyre noise is really loud, it drones through the cabin, I only drove for 1hr 30min down the M5 last weekend and my hand was numb from the vibration through the steering wheel. I can also hear the vibration🤷‍♂️. It feels like it's causing friction, holding the car back so must be having an effect on the cars efficiency.

I have a lot of creaking/rattling in the cabin, the drivers seat creaks and so does the drivers seat belt fastener.
I don't find it fun to drive, I reported all this to my dealer in November and here we are mid Jan.

But apart from that. 😉

Jesus Mucker!

I thought you had not been on here because you were enjoying it soo much.

I've changed my tyres.
Instant improvement in vibes, comfort, feel and road noise.

No creaking or rattling for me and one of the comfiest seats I've had in any car.

I'm sorry your not having a blast and can only hope you can get it sorted to your satisfaction.
Chin on?

Last edited:
I am surprised that you have to pay that large a price, I notice the front motor doesn't contribute to regen and you can't freewheel either... it is fast but a 64kw EV should be able to do more than 130 miles if you drive it gently.

EV's don't have to be like this.

Sorry to hear of your ownership woes. Apart from the tyre noise and hum/vibration I dont have a problem with the car. Not found the seats to be uncomfortable, while the ride is firm it is not uncomfortable nor crashy imho. Believe me i have driven cars with far worse ride quality than this has and not all were performance orientated. Hopefully things can be sorted out to your satisfaction.
As for efficiency as has been said here and elsewhere many times before, all EVs suffer from reduced range during the winter.

Jesus Mucker!

I've changed my tyres.

No creaking or rattling for me and one of the comfiest seats I've had in any car.

I'm sorry your not having a blast and can only hope you can get it sorted to your satisfaction.
Chin on?

Chin on mate

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240117_192249_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20240117_192249_Samsung Internet.jpg
    875.7 KB · Views: 23
Sorry to hear of your ownership woes. Apart from the tyre noise and hum/vibration I dont have a problem with the car. Not found the seats to be uncomfortable, while the ride is firm it is not uncomfortable nor crashy imho. Believe me i have driven cars with far worse ride quality than this has and not all were performance orientated. Hopefully things can be sorted out to your satisfaction.
As for efficiency as has been said here and elsewhere many times before, all EVs suffer from reduced range during the winter.
Yes, I understand the reduced range in winter, that's not an issue, I just feel that the vibration and hum is causing some sort of friction and must be lowering the efficiency more in these winter months.

Jesus Mucker!

I've changed my tyres.

Chin on?

What tyres did you get out of curiosity? I find the standard ride noisy too

Sorry to hear these points. I love driving mine and find any excuse to get out and I'm not doing launch control every 5 mins and still great to drive. I had front wheels re-balanced as I reported the vibration to my leasing/salary sacrifice company and they booked it in with MG garage. It does seem better and recent 200 mile round-trip was not spoilt. Not had any creaks/rattles. Did have a weird noise that seemed to come from glove box. Turned out it was my sunglasses in their holder (now in a fabric case and they don't rattle anymore!)

Is the steering issue only when using ACC/TJA as I'm not keen on TJA as it's quite twitchy. I only have LKA on middle option (Lane Departure) and get occasional twitch but not the dramatic "it's trying to kill me".

Last edited:
I am surprised that you have to pay that large a price, I notice the front motor doesn't contribute to regen and you can't freewheel either... it is fast but a 64kw EV should be able to do more than 130 miles if you drive it gently.

It's what you get at the bargain end of the market.

It's what you get at the bargain end of the market.
It's certainly a bargain, but not bargain bucket, from what I've read and watched.
And it does more than 130 miles when driven gently, doesn't it? Would like to think it does more than 130 miles, even when driven, shall we say "spirited" 🙂

Not sure where the 130 miles comes from? I'm getting an average of 3mls/kWh after 2 months and 1700 miles so I've not had any warm weather driving. Most recent trip of 200 miles mainly motorways was 2.9 average. I drive it normally, fast when needed and in ECO when on a longer trip.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom