• We are having a problem with new Hotmail members being unable to receive activation emails. Please avoid using a Hotmail email address. Thanks.

Year old car 60k on clock would you buy ?

It’s all well an good that are cars have gone up in price which is a huge anomaly in the second hand car market but if you sell it what are you gonna buy ????
That’s one of the reasons I went the leasing route this time, I got a good deal and didn’t have to wait.

As a gauge...I just paid £18500 for a 21 plate Exclusive MG5 with 61k miles. Private sale.
Looked around for a while and I think this seems a good deal. The high miles don't scare me on an EV, whereas I would have ran a mile if I saw 61k on an ICE.

Folks need to ignore what the price was a year ago or 2 years ago. Only here and now matters.

As a gauge...I just paid £18500 for a 21 plate Exclusive MG5 with 61k miles. Private sale.
Looked around for a while and I think this seems a good deal. The high miles don't scare me on an EV, whereas I would have ran a mile if I saw 61k on an ICE.

Folks need to ignore what the price was a year ago or 2 years ago. Only here and now matters.
It's actually refreshing to see one with that mileage still going well with good battery health!
Plus you still have a reasonable chunk of warranty left for any wear and tear items to be fixed.
I'll be interested to see the first one with 100k on the clock, and hear how reliable it is and what range reduction (if any) it has suffered.

Nevertheless it bodes well for those including myself with lower mileage 5s.
It's generally accepted that mileage AND age can cause battery degradation, so at least on a 21 plate age isn't an issue 🙂

It's generally accepted that mileage AND age can cause battery degradation, so at least on a 21 plate age isn't an issue 🙂
It's passed me by that mileage in itself can cause battery problems. I get that regular rapid charging especially to 100%, which might be more likely with a higher mileage car (although nowhere near a given), might have an effect.

It's passed me by that mileage in itself can cause battery problems. I get that regular rapid charging especially to 100%, which might be more likely with a higher mileage car (although nowhere near a given), might have an effect.
He doesn't say "problems", but says "battery degradation". Irrespective of how it's charged, batteries will deteriorate to a greater or lesser extent due to the number of charge cycles, it's inevitable. Some methods of charging will cause greater degradation than others, but if it's had miles put on it, it's had electricity drawn from the batteries, that needs to be put back in, generating charge cycles, and hence deterioration.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom