Zappi + Intelligent Octopus in beta

Hmmmm... IO is appealing - any issues with the Zappi integration so far?

(I have been resisting upgrading my Zappi to v5 as it is perfectly working as is on Go).
I resisted for quite a while upgrading the MyEnergi devices to the latest and greatest revisions for the same reasons, it was working really well. When I did the update, everything worked fine except for EDDI (power diverter for the immersion heater), that was an absolute mare to get right, it dis now however and as before is working reliably.

I was also reluctant to disconnect my i3 from intelligent due to it working flawlessly, if it ain't broke, don't fix it! However, curiosity get the better of me so I disconnected the i3, went through the sign up process again, chose the Beta version of ZAPPI integration and it was perfect, worked straight away, it's responsive when you plug in etc.

It has worked perfectly and as designed to do on both our MG5 and the i3, cant fault it. Go for it, you'll be fine. What do have to lose? what do you have to gain - 7.5p kWh for 6 hrs every night plus more times under Octopus control.

If you want talking through it, DM me and I'll give you my number, no problem.

Thanks John, much appreciated, I think we'll go for it. I'll let everybody know how I get on.
The only issue I had initially after some problems signing up at first was with the Zappi Firmware. So just make sure yours is up to date.

Otherwise I haven’t had any problems particularly last night I set the octopus app to add 50% and everything went as per the schedule. Other than setting how much charge required and when I want the car ready by and just plug the car in and let Octopus sort it. You get a notification as to what timings it will be charging.

Some of my chargers have been larger ones as I have let the car go down to 20% and in these instances once I done what I required and what time by it has charged during the day as well as during the night.

But don’t worry about the daytime if it is part of their smart charging schedule then it’s all at cheap rate.

Otherwise the cheap rate is 11.30pm till 5.30pm.

This may seem like a daft question…but

Is the whole of the period between 23:30 and 05:30 charged at the cheap rate and Octopus IO just provides charge to the car as per the smart charging schedule?

OR

Only the periods defined in the smart charging schedule that are charged at the cheap rate?

I am wondering when to start the dishwasher/washing machine/tumble dryer etc

Thank you

This may seem like a daft question…but

Is the whole of the period between 23:30 and 05:30 charged at the cheap rate and Octopus IO just provides charge to the car as per the smart charging schedule?

OR

Only the periods defined in the smart charging schedule that are charged at the cheap rate?

I am wondering when to start the dishwasher/washing machine/tumble dryer etc

Thank you
23:30 to 05:30 is at 7.5p, if a charging schedule is done during peak time the whole house will get 7.5p while the vehicle is charging. So, yes, get everything running at 23:30

Just got everything set up with Intelligent Octopus Go which was really easy to do.

Started the switch from Eon Drive tariff about 6 days ago which I'd been on since August. When I started the transfer I entered on the Octopus site that I had a Zappi and a Tesla M3 so it accepted me as the Tesla is compatible - when I tried with a Zappi and MG4 it wouldn't accept me.

Just got everything set up with Intelligent Octopus Go which was really easy to do.

Started the switch from Eon Drive tariff about 6 days ago which I'd been on since August. When I started the transfer I entered on the Octopus site that I had a Zappi and a Tesla M3 so it accepted me as the Tesla is compatible - when I tried with a Zappi and MG4 it wouldn't accept me.
Did you select ZAPPI Beta? Did it ask you to sign in to your MyEnergi account? You might not have selected the right Zappi option.

Yes - when you open the app and select the Zappi charger (beta) it then takes you through to select the car. All of the charger selections Ohme, Wallbox and Zappi are classed as beta.

And logged in through the Myenergi account.

But can you schedule it to use cheap overnight rate to switch on the immersion? Edited - Actually can probably answer my own question as just googled immersion timers of which there are plenty of options. As you were.

But can you schedule it to use cheap overnight rate to switch on the immersion? Edited - Actually can probably answer my own question as just googled immersion timers of which there are plenty of options. As you were.
As jomarkh said, first three words - Yes you can.

Well I read the whole sentence which talked about using the excess so glad you‘ve cleared that up. Good to know.

I found the setting up of Intelligent easy, worked without a hitch. My problem has been the aftermath!

Zappi lost connection to the CT clamps. I had to reset CT1 to grid and CT2 to solar. It's now fine.

Eddi now only shows grid and refuses to acknowledge the existence of the solar but still works normally and diverts!

My desktop app showing the system will not log in but my app works normally!

Everything seems to work well on charging, but the display on Eddi isn't showing generation and aoo are an issue.

I found the setting up of Intelligent easy, worked without a hitch. My problem has been the aftermath!

Zappi lost connection to the CT clamps. I had to reset CT1 to grid and CT2 to solar. It's now fine.

Eddi now only shows grid and refuses to acknowledge the existence of the solar but still works normally and diverts!

My desktop app showing the system will not log in but my app works normally!

Everything seems to work well on charging, but the display on Eddi isn't showing generation and aoo are an issue.
Have you updated EDDI as well?

Yes maybe unpair & re-pair again might work!
Ive just plugged our MG5 in, 7 seconds it took to have the schedule created, it's so fast compared to when OI controlled the car (my i3).
11:00 to11:30 (smart charge in peak time)
11:30 to 01:00
01:30 to 04:00
04:30 to 06:00 (smart charge in peak time)

Interesting how they schedule times, but it seems to work flawlessly.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom