Zappi - timed charge help needed ......

D

Deleted member 2439

Hi,

I’m failing miserably to get the time charge function working on my Zappi. I’m trying to set the 03:00 to 04:30 slots needed for when Go is activated - so thought I’d try it in advance.

I‘ve followed the instructions on page 14 of the manual and have the times & all 7 days highlighted ok, but when I exit I’m presented with the stop screen. I tried setting another short window of 15mins, which passed with nothing happening. I was expecting a delayed charging message on the LCD.

Any ideas what I’m doing wrong. I do find the wording confusing re eco and eco+ modes at the beginning of the paragraph under Boost Timer, do I need to select them somewhere? Attempts so far have resulted in the unit going straight into that mode.

In anticipation- Rob

My settings that work:
Screenshot_20210120-212645.png

If you have it in eco mode it will charge at 1.3kWh(from memory), you need to the app to eco+ & 100% and it should work with your timed selections.

Note I've setup mine for longer than the 4 hour period incase equalisation is required.

I tried something like that a couple of hours ago - without any success. It took a few mins, but the app is now showing a waiting symbol. So, fingers crossed it will work overnight - if not the there’s still time for a quick top up before SWMBO needs to take it to work. Thanks 👍

A complete disaster. Basically it failed, but in doing so the system became totally unresponsive to anything other than “hands“ on the Zappi. The app would not respond at all, but was ok this morning - many hours later. The only way I could get the car to charge was to unplug it and manually charge from the Zappi itself. Am totally hacked off with it & will be contacting my installer in the first instance. 😕

Is the app responsive now? Can you post a screenshot similar to mine above?

When did you buy your car and have you had any updates done since? Reason for asking is very early versions of the BMS software didn't allow for timed charging.

It is yes. Although it seems that no data was gathered until just before 9am.

Ive flagged it with myenergi for comment. I’ll have to practice with attachments- I tried before & failed. 🤔

I’ll wait and see what MyenergI have to say, I’ve flagged it with them and also my installer. 🤞

Hi,

Case opened with Myenergi and all my screenshots sent through. I’ll keep you posted.

cheers

Had same problem and contacted Myenergi. There first suggestion was to upgrade software. Did this and it fixed problem. Software update was quick and easy (as I remember). I guess they’ll suggest this as well.

Had same problem and contacted Myenergi. There first suggestion was to upgrade software. Did this and it fixed problem. Software update was quick and easy (as I remember). I guess they’ll suggest this as well.
Hi Dave,

That‘s interesting. How old is your Zappi? Mine was installed on the 21st December.
I heard back from them yesterday and they didnt suggest a software upgrade (I’m hoping mine is on the latest due to the newness of it), but moving the hub closer to the Zappi if that were possible to do.

My hub was right next to the Harvi, with the Zappi some 20 metres away. I moved the hub yesterday and it’s now about 4m away from the Zappi in one direction, and 15m to the Harvi in the other. The hub is actually in my garage loft/roof where I have a wired internet connection which I’ve upgraded with an Ethernet hub to serve what was there before (solar PV inverter) and also the hub.

The app is seeing everything ok, although it’s not yet been 24 hours and I’ve not tried a timed charge yet for a number of reasons. I’ll probably give it a try tomorrow & see how I get on.

Cheers - Rob

Hi Rob,
Zappi was installed in April last year. Just been outside to check and the Firmware is V2.176.
Menus, Other Settings, Advanced, System then Download Firmware. This just shows the version.
I think it's only your Modem and Zappi that need to communicate, together with your phone app, although the Hub is going to be close to your Modem through RJ45 connection. Mine are about 6/7 metres apart.
Cars fully charged at the minute but will play around once it needs charging.
All the best, Dave

Mine is also well charged, did the first charge in the granny charger yesterday & have only driven it about 15 miles since. I might just try. 15 min timed charge at some point tomorrow afternoon - just to see if it works. Cheers

I didnt see this thread until now. 1
During install they should update the hub and zappi to lastest version. Let presume that done correctly.
What mode is zappi on. Eco+?
Also does the car charge (very slowly) when in Eco mode?

My settings that work:View attachment 1152
If you have it in eco mode it will charge at 1.3kWh(from memory), you need to the app to eco+ & 100% and it should work with your timed selections.

Note I've setup mine for longer than the 4 hour period incase equalisation is required.
Thanks Tango130 - all working using your settings, much appreciated 👍😀

Hi Rob,
Zappi was installed in April last year. Just been outside to check and the Firmware is V2.176.
Menus, Other Settings, Advanced, System then Download Firmware. This just shows the version.
I think it's only your Modem and Zappi that need to communicate, together with your phone app, although the Hub is going to be close to your Modem through RJ45 connection. Mine are about 6/7 metres apart.
Cars fully charged at the minute but will play around once it needs charging.
All the best, Dave
The Zappi doesn't directly communicate with your router/modem, it communicates with the hub via RF 868MHz and the hub to the internet/phone.

I didnt see this thread until now. 1
During install they should update the hub and zappi to lastest version. Let presume that done correctly.
What mode is zappi on. Eco+?
Also does the car charge (very slowly) when in Eco mode?
I’ve now got this working - mainly due to help from here! I used Tango130’s example and it worked with a 15 min test that I’ve just done. HOWEVER, the start and stop times weren’t as expected! They were both almost 2 mins late for some reason, which now I know is great, but was a great disappointment when I watched the clock turn over 18:15 & nothing happened! Almost 2 mins went by and it started, with the end time similarly extended.

The manufactured date was only a month before installation, so 2 months ago - so recent software.

I‘m all lined up for Go to be active in a couple of weeks - so bring it on 👍

The Zappi doesn't directly communicate with your router/modem, it communicates with the hub via RF 868MHz and the hub to the internet/phone.
Hi, yep, I’m aware of that - hence reducing the distance from hub to Zappi by 15+ metres .....

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom