ZS EV App? It’s probably the only EV without a factional app which is pretty frustrating especially knowing that the Asian market provides one :(

ZS EV App? It’s probably the only EV without a factional app which is pretty sad and frustrating especially knowing that the Asian market provides one :(
Without a doubt MG should respect all ZS EV owners and modify the existing Asian app to suit the European/UK market.

Any chance?
The new zsev connect has an app, MG is art.
Hope that helps

only the connect is 4G the other two are wifi
That would go some way to explaining the factory-only option for the connect, and why features such as 'find my car' only work on the connect. Are you able to share your source(s)?

Might have to ditch the term 'OTA Updates on the SE and non-Connect versions to 'OTI Updates', if indeed they have them. I have seen (and posted) info that suggests that iSmart Lite does not have OTA, but also info that states that they do.

That would go some way to explaining the factory-only option for the connect, and why features such as 'find my car' only work on the connect. Are you able to share your source(s)?

Might have to ditch the term 'OTA Updates on the SE and non-Connect versions to 'OTI Updates', if indeed they have them. I have seen (and posted) info that suggests that iSmart Lite does not have OTA, but also info that states that they do.
Yes, a test drive at my dealership in Stoke-On-Trent let me see the detail specification, I noticed on the infotainment screen is 4G and signal strength so I asked if you pay monthly or whatever for the feature. It is extra??? He did not know how much or how much data was on it per month either.
Hope this helps
Tom

I thought you could read and write through the OBD port.
That side is the same. It's how the app connects to the box that will be the problem with using the MG app. OVMS has its own app though, and is open source.

The problem the OVMS people are having, especially with British and perhaps European firmware, is that certain requests like changing climate settings causes the horn to blare. There is some sort of encryption required, and that hasn't been cracked as yet. Maybe now that the new app is out, they can reverse engineer it.

ZS EV App? It’s probably the only EV without a factional app which is pretty sad and frustrating especially knowing that the Asian market provides one :(
Without a doubt MG should respect all ZS EV owners and modify the existing Asian app to suit the European/UK market.

Any chance?
Nope, to get an app in the gen1 zs ev will imply for the owner to buy extra hardware and they decide not to.

Rubbish! I've had an app for my Outlander phev for 6 years and however clunky that is I wouldn't ever consider buying another electric car without one.
I realise that a lot of ev owners without apps are happy with their cars but this sort if evangelistic fake noos stuff is just nonsense.

In my opinion.
I'm in the same boat. the leaf app is terribly unreliable and slow, but as a diabetic that has trouble staying warm, preheating is very important to me. Would be nice if we had a heated wheel too, but if I can pop the car heating on 10 mins before departure I don't spend my entire car journey cold.

I have a loaner leaf this week and no preheat, so by the time the car gets warm I become cold. my legs are still cold 2 hrs after the start of my journey this evening.

Also, the tesla issue shouldn't be an issue, and won't be with the MG. The card should always be carried with you 'just in case'. Tech isn't perfect, so keeping the keycard in your wallet is a good idea. In most cases, an app is very convenient. It's not perfect but preheating my car before long journeys to and from work was amazing. sniggered as I saw my colleagues freezing their tits off scraping ice away. No thanks! It's unlikely i would have ordered the zs without the app.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom