ZS EV Electric Tailgate

jeevesthestag

Novice Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
Hi,

The electric tailgate on my ZS EV has stopped working and I hoped someone might have a suggestion how it might be fixed.

The button on the tailgate doesn't do anything when pressed.

When I press the tailgate button on the key, there is a clicking noise that comes from the centre of the tailgate but still nothing happens.

I can manually open and shut the tailgate.

I initially thought it might be a fuse issue but I can't make any sense of the manual to work out which fuse relates to the tailgate.

Any help would be very much appreciated.

The previous owner must have done that because it's been opening and closing automatically up to this point. I also have a button to the right of the steering wheel that used to open and shut the tailgate until a few days ago.

I have read motability did this as a free upgrade on the ice version ones I have seen fitted not mg but after market have a fuse fitted in line near the battery normal under a little black rubber bit could be worth a look?
Screenshot_20220911_202924.jpg

I have a ZS EV Trophy. The MG badge used to open the Boot is quite stiff and does not return properly. When locking the car the alarm is set off.
I have tried WD40 with no effect. Has anybody else had this problem?

Have you tried attacking it from the inside of the boot panel there is a panel to remove if you get trapped in the boot. This is not fitted on models supplied to the mafia😂😂

I have a ZS EV Trophy. The MG badge used to open the Boot is quite stiff and does not return properly. When locking the car the alarm is set off.
I have tried WD40 with no effect. Has anybody else had this problem?
I have this problem, it’s just stopped springing back.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom