ZS EV Facelift (SR/LR) - Built-in Navigation Maps Update Process

Miles Roberts CG

Prominent Member
MGEVs.com Sponsor
Reaction score
The latest version of the maps for the built-in navigation is Q1 2022.

The download/install process is detailed in the attached document (with a link in the document to the latest version of maps on MG's European Server)

Please note - you will need a USB stick with at least 15-20Gb space, as the map file is ~15Gb on it's own!

Attachments

• Map-Update_-ZS-EV-Comfort-edition-MG5_All-editions-MG4_Standard-Comfort-Editions.pdf
    399.4 KB · Views: 1,362
The other tutorial detailed a workaround for those that couldn't access the official website with the map files whereas this one is the official procedure including a working link to mgmotors.eu. Both are useful but pinning them adds little value because they are easily found with a simple search :)

The other tutorial detailed a workaround for those that couldn't access the official website with the map files whereas this one is the official procedure including a working link to mgmotors.eu. Both are useful but pinning them adds little value because they are easily found with a simple search :)
I assume stickies are for useful information that people may not know about and so won't be searching for such as this and the online manuals. A sticky thread that is 99% conjecture is, in my opinion, of little value. Even with the 1% that may be useful such as a ship with MG's on, is out of date in no time and I think I'm being generous with 1%! Just a suggestion though :D

has anyone actually got an unbroken link to download the update thanks
I downloaded it off link in @Miles Roberts CG s attachment yesterday, only issue I had was it stopped at approximately 70% then I just resumed it until completion, it is now transferred onto USB awaiting opportunity to update. This was done on desktop pc running Windows 10.

Well I failed totally. Unzipped the file put the map folder in the root of the usb stick and get this, see attached file. At one point it offered 3 options, one of which was maps.
ZS EV face lift 2022 Trophy (NOT connect model)

Attachments

• 20220825_180510.jpg
    20220825_180510.jpg
    303.5 KB · Views: 236
Looking at the USB it looks like it's seeing the data as there are "pictures" all the pngs in the map folder.

Attachments

• 20220825_180608.jpg
    20220825_180608.jpg
    172.8 KB · Views: 242
Maps was the only folder on there, but I will try a full format and see how that goes.
Well success, don't think it was the formatting just not waiting for the 3 or 4 minutes for the tick box to enable. Now a long wait I suspect.

Attachments

• 20220828_172647.jpg
    20220828_172647.jpg
    362.8 KB · Views: 183
  • 20220828_172859.jpg
    20220828_172859.jpg
    368.5 KB · Views: 250
The latest version of the maps for the built-in navigation is Q1 2022.

The download/install process is detailed in the attached document (with a link in the document to the latest version of maps on MG's European Server)

Please note - you will need a USB stick with at least 15-20Gb space, as the map file is ~15Gb on it's own!
Thank you very much @Miles Roberts CG 🙏
Looking through the guide at the moment as I'm downloading the update.
However, a question if I may.
The naming of the different models varies a bit throughout europe and in Sweden (where I'm from) we simply have the comfort and luxury models, guessing luxury would be the same as trophy connect for you guys?
Would this update be valid for that specific model?
Went to dealer and asked for the update of the maps as mine is of an earlier version than this one but they didn't seem to know anything about any update other than the one for the infotainment system which they said was up to date on mine.

Entertainment System version: SWI17-29716-1300R22
Navigation Version: 6.2.60.1.39689-P
Map Data Version: HERE_EU_21Q2 202109270049

Kind regards.
/Morrgan

I tried this the other day. After using WinRar to unpack the file it is actually 60GB so would need at least a 64GB or bigger USB drive

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom