ZS EV first year service cost....?

There has been at least one post saying the dealer forgot to renew the aa subscription after service so a few days after service its worth calling that number to check the aa have your renewal on file as no good if you Need them and they say sorry your registered car has expired

There has been at least one post saying the dealer forgot to renew the aa subscription after service so a few days after service its worth calling that number to check the aa have your renewal on file as no good if you Need them and they say sorry your registered car has expired
I did that, just a couple of weeks ago.
MG Assistance ........... "Yep ............ We can see your car on the system".
Thank you for your time in calling.
Result !.
Assume nothing - check everything !.
This is my motto.
It feeds my OCD.

Just resurrecting as phoned Perrys Aylesbury for a 1st year service cost - Ā£202 !! ... challenged it and was reduced to Ā£97.80 for a low milage service - still seems a bit steep even at 2023 prices ?

own update - just checked with Bristol Street Motors MG at Beaconsfield at they've offered Ā£90.35 for the full service and Ā£63.60 for the low milage - much more reasonable !

That appears a bit spiteful TBH.
Are you a high mileage user ?.
If not, enquire about the low milage user rates.
Second service should include a cabin filter, which at dealer prices will push up the cost.
Some dealers are replacing the brake fluid also which again inflated the costs.
I would ask for break down sheet.

That appears a bit spiteful TBH.
Are you a high mileage user ?.
If not, enquire about the low milage user rates.
Second service should include a cabin filter, which at dealer prices will push up the cost.
Some dealers are replacing the brake fluid also which again inflated the costs.
I would ask for break down sheet.
I'm a very low mileage user only use the car for local runs and the occasional 65 mile round trip to visit our daughter. The quote covered the replacement of the pollen filter plus changing the brake fluid

I'm a very low mileage user only use the car for local runs and the occasional 65 mile round trip to visit our daughter. The quote covered the replacement of the pollen filter plus changing the brake fluid
As you are a low mileage user case, just question / challenge this with the dealer.
There are two different prices for service costs, just make sure they are quoting you at the correct rate, would be my advice.
A close relative is a low mileage user case and when he collected his car after the service work, he questioned the cost.
They subsequently reduced the price of the bill, but were a little displeased with having to perform this process !.

As you are a low mileage user case, just question / challenge this with the dealer.
There are two different prices for service costs, just make sure they are quoting you at the correct rate, would be my advice.
A close relative is a low mileage user case and when he collected his car after the service work, he questioned the cost.
They subsequently reduced the price of the bill, but were a little displeased with having to perform this process !.
Many thanks for the info, I will ask the dealer

To add to this thread with more dealership service price quotes....

I need the 3rd year (which is the type A service, same as year 1) (Not low mileage).
For reference I paid Ā£79.80 at Glyn Hopkin Milton Keynes for this same service 2 years ago!

Glyn Hopkin (Milton Keynes) Ā£186 but then offered 25% discount to Ā£139.50
Perrys Aylesbury Ā£178.80
Brown & Gammons Baldock Ā£114
Palmers Hemel Hempstead Ā£156
Spirit MG Corby Ā£166
Bristol Street Motors MG Beaconsfield Ā£90.35

Thank you @jont131 as I wasn't going to try as far away as Bristol Street until I read your post above, I've booked it in there.

[Update: Glyn Hopkin offered to match the Ā£90.35 service price]

Last edited:

I need the 3rd year (which is the type A service, same as year 1) (Not low mileage).
For reference I paid Ā£79.80 at Glyn Hopkin Milton Keynes for this same service 2 years ago!

Spirit MG Corby Ā£166

Thank you @jont131 as I wasn't going to try as far away as Bristol Street until I read your post above, I've booked it in there.

Hi @JodyS21 as you car is approaching its third service and itā€™s MOT of course, do you intend to let the main dealer carry out the MOT or are you going to use a third party MOT station PRIOR to the service ?.
I tend to refuse the offer of even a so called ā€œfreeā€ MOT at the main agents TBH.

Spirit MG Corby Ā£166

As a matter of interest anyone any idea what's involved with these services? It would provide ammo to challenge them.

I challenged my recent 2nd, @ Ā£250ish, they wanted to change the brake fluid as it may contain moisture, I asked what the test reading was.....blank look!....they reduced the price to Ā£103 deciding moisture may not be in the fluid after all

Hi everyone got an issue that my car is over a year only but only done 13k miles and the screen in the car says the service isn't due but thought it was due at a year or 15k which ever was soonest, however when I try price up a service plan on mg website it says the first isn't due until Jan 2024

but thought it was due at a year or 15k which ever was soonest,
This is true, itā€™s a time or distance thing.
If you are a low user case, then the annual service DATE is always likely to occur first.
Be careful here as the warranty could be compromised IF the service routine is not followed.
There we be some flexibility on date time etc because the dealer maybe very busy.
But get it booked in and you will be fine !.
I would totally disregard what the service interval suggests in the head unit of the car.
Likely it has been incorrectly set up.

I did that, just a couple of weeks ago.
MG Assistance ........... "Yep ............ We can see your car on the system".
Thank you for your time in calling.
Result !.
Assume nothing - check everything !.
This is my motto.
It feeds my OCD.
Glad I read this, very helpful lady at AA confirmed, I'm not on thier system. Swift bollocking to cars2 in Wakefield sorted it

Hi @JodyS21 as you car is approaching its third service and itā€™s MOT of course, do you intend to let the main dealer carry out the MOT or are you going to use a third party MOT station PRIOR to the service ?.
I tend to refuse the offer of even a so called ā€œfreeā€ MOT at the main agents TBH.
Hi @Lovemyev I had already booked it in for an MOT elsewhere, the dealer did call to say it needs an MOT too and said they could do it at the same time.
To be honest itā€™ll only ever be going into an MG dealership when it is necessary to keep the warranty!

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom