• We are having a problem with new Hotmail members being unable to receive activation emails. Please avoid using a Hotmail email address. Thanks.

ZS EV Insurance

Cable

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hello!

I recently ordered my ZS EV. Not due for delivery until Feb(ish) but I've been trying to get insurance quotes.

Have only managed to get one so far, and that was around twice the price of a Nissan Leaf. I realise there are only a few MG EVs out there right now but has anyone found a sensible insurance firm for them yet please?

Cheers

Partly. My current insurers won't insure any EV (Hastings). But LV wanted £980 when a Leaf was about £460.

Thank you.

Had a look through the link. I've used most of them but had a go with Confused. Not listed there either yet but I'll try again a bit closer to delivery.

I hope it gets sorted and ends up with a reasonable price. Really want the car but if stays with a silly figure might have to go with a Leaf or 28kwh Ioniq.

Forgot this, but tried MGs own insurance and they don't have it listed yet, too!

Just placed an order for an ZS EV Excite in White with delivery (hopefully) in March.

Checked out insurance options using price comparison sites. Started with Compare the Market who's best was about £460 so tried MoneySupermarket and got a quote for £343 from Admiral as compared to £175 for my existing Octavia Estate. Not great, but hopefully nearer the delivery time more insurance companies will have added the ZS EV to their lists.

Thanks. I'll try again.

I do about 1000 business miles per year and seems to be costing me a lot extra compared to my Hyundai i30.

Thanks. I'll try again.

I do about 1000 business miles per year and seems to be costing me a lot extra compared to my Hyundai i30.
My quote was for Social & Domestic only but just added 1,000 business miles - Admiral price increased to £417 but Performance Direct (?) quote at £374. As ever with insurance, there doesn't appear to be any logic attached.

Checked on confused.com and it’s £100 cheaper than a Leaf for me at £1325 with General Accident (Aviva) w/black box and mostly business miles. The second quote was Admiral for £7000 ?

Bit of an update.

I've just run some new quotes (based on a registration number I found for a car on Autotrader). The prices have come down significantly now there are more firms offering to cover the car. I was getting prices over £1000 earlier and now they're more like £550.

Worth a look again for anyone else who's had a similar issue.

Bit of an update.

I've just run some new quotes (based on a registration number I found for a car on Autotrader). The prices have come down significantly now there are more firms offering to cover the car. I was getting prices over £1000 earlier and now they're more like £550.

Worth a look again for anyone else who's had a similar issue.

What comparison sites are you using? Mine’s just gone up by £700 ? though more insurers are willing to insure me ??

LV seem to be offering very competitive quotes at the moment. I've just checked with them and got a quote for £209 for me + my wife for social & domestic use, 12k pa, with 9 years NCD protected. This is just £34 more than I'm paying for my current Octavia Esate for a car which is 40%+ more expensive.

I tried a few but I think money supermarket was the best.

I'm 46 and partner 41. No claims or points but she did have a no cost bump 4 years ago. Mine is 13k miles with 1k business. Parked on a drive at home and office car park at work. Protected NCD. About £600.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom