ZS EV locking nuts on eBay? Or are they?

AK OK

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV

Found these whilst idly browsing eBay...

The MG Rover card set me back a bit & then the rust!

Shurely can't be ZS EV ?

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
I did see a dealer selling them
These are available also, I bought these for my ZS EV Gen 1.
Same spec / same price !.
The main dealer parts where a LOT more expensive at one time.

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
One thing I do when buying locking wheel bolts/nuts is search by size not buy vehicle make you can get same top brands for a lot less now if I had the car turn up I could give you the right size but just for demo purposes Google search m12x1.5 locking wheel bolt you can get them form under £10 from like euro car parts or mcgard for a bit more
Screenshot_20220901_054930.jpg
also check socket size with you original blots ie 19mm again if someone can confirm size you will save money

One thing I do when buying locking wheel bolts/nuts is search by size not buy vehicle make you can get same top brands for a lot less now if I had the car turn up I could give you the right size but just for demo purposes Google search m12x1.5 locking wheel bolt you can get them form under £10 from like euro car parts or mcgard for a bit more View attachment 10642also check socket size with you original blots ie 19mm again if someone can confirm size you will save money
That is a “Top Top” from @N2STY !.
They appear to be a slightly different design from the OEM bolts, but I think they will do the job !.
Yeah - The OEM bolts are a 19mm socket as are the one’s suggested !.
Can I suggest applying a slight film of anti seize grease ( copper slip would be fine ) to the chamber of bolt before installing and torque to factory spec’s.
Don’t be tempted to over righted these locking bolts, as stripping one of these out when trying to change a wheel, can ruin your day 😞.
Yes they can still be removed, but it is fairly likely that the wheel will get damaged in the process.
I had these locking bolts on my Gen1 and removed them when I sold it.
I fully intended to install them straight away on our Gen2 when it arrived, but due to my mobility issues and the fact that I did not want to fracture the wheel covers when removing, I deceived to hold off.
I also like to removed each wheel and apply a film of anti seize between the steel hub centre and the alloy wheel centre.
This prevent corrosion building up between the two mating surfaces of these two different materials.
Ask any tyre fitter what it is like, trying to remove an alloy wheel from an car that has been on their a while and has not been treated with some type of preventative maintenance !.
I will ask the dealer to install my locking nuts when it’s due for its first service, if they split the aero covers, they can pay for them.
I know a lot of people don’t consider it necessary anymore having locking wheel bolts fitted, as wheel theft is no longer a major risk.
But I have always had them installed on my cars, after having all of my wheels stolen from a two week old car a few years ago.
It did not have factory fitted wheel bolts as standard from the factory and I was unaware of this, until they got stolen !.
Lesson learnt the hard way 😞.
The “Pond Life” have diverted their attention too stealing cat converts at the moment, but things tend to go in full circles.
As parts supply is extremely slow, I don’t want to know how long it would take to get some OEM replacement wheels !.
You could be forced to take the “After Market” route to get yourself mobile again.
Anything that will slow these people down is a good investment in my book.
Could be money well spent 👍.

Obviously BEVs don't have cats but Hybrid's have very large ones so the pond life look elsewhere. I wonder how long it'll be before they start nicking batteries?

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom