ZS EV LOCKING WHEEL NUTS

Ian

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
Good evening,,

We were surprised at the lack of locking wheel nuts on the car as as standard, whilst no big deal the dealer wants £60 for a set !!!

Anyone bought some and if so can you share the source as I guess its a lot less than the MG box :)
Lastly wheel nut torque?

Thanks for this great forum, we are learning such a great deal from the contributors, much appreciated .

Hi Ian, I was in the same boat. I bought a set from my local motorists centre for £25. An exact size and design to a normal wheel bolt.

Morning Kev, Thanks for that, I will be visiting the aftermarket to save a few pounds. I have searched for the wheelnut torque and no success so will ask the dealer.

Found a quality brand set at less than half the dealer price locally :)

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Morning Mark,

My dealer wanted £60 for a set ! I have since found an MG dealer in the south selling branded genuine locking bolts for £23.95 on ebay shop. Sales manager at my dealer thinks its unlikely they would be targeted but I am not convinced so I bought a set. (y)

I must admit that I’m really surprised that they are not supplied as standard....oh well this is why we get the vehicle cheaper than other EV’s....shame, but useful information as I probably wouldn’t have paid much attention to this if it wasn’t for this forum.

I must admit that I’m really surprised that they are not supplied as standard....oh well this is why we get the vehicle cheaper than other EV’s....shame ....

not even with Tesla Model 3 Top Model the rim locks are included, and - 1 rim with tires costs as much as a complete set for the MG

the 3rd party trade must also live;)

Good evening,,

We were surprised at the lack of locking wheel nuts on the car as as standard, whilst no big deal the dealer wants £60 for a set !!!

Anyone bought some and if so can you share the source as I guess its a lot less than the MG box :)
Lastly wheel nut torque?

Thanks for this great forum, we are learning such a great deal from the contributors, much appreciated .

I actually removed the locking wheel nuts on my (8 year old) Volvo V70 and replaced them with standard bolts (like the others on the wheel). The locking wheel nuts were just such a hassle, as they wear over time, one jammed and had to be drilled out, on another occasion one had the little holes strip and again had to be drilled out - more trouble than they're worth. I'm not sure they help with security, as if the little urchins want to nick your wheels, they have ways of chisling locking wheel nuts round anyway... (don't ask how I know that... nothing to do with a mis-spent youth!! :)). You're better off without them IMHO....

Well, ive just spent £30 on the ebay set!

MG ZS LOCKING WHEEL NUT SET, BRAND NEW, MG reference RRB000080E0 (BGGS0001) | eBay

I've had them on many cars, including my PHEV and never had a problem removing them. Better be safe than sorry...make it a bit more difficult for any toe-rags.:cautious:

Thank you Chrispydoc for your quickly feedback I saw these nuts, but I want to know what the characteristics of the locking wheel nuts

Dimension de la clé [mm] : 19
Longueur de tige [mm] : 30,5
Filetage : M12 x 1,25

if it's Ok i buy the McGard , thank a lot

We bought the same from ebay as its an MG dealer in Herts I think, £30 inc postage, best be safe and keep your wheels , agreed Chrispydoc
Ok thank , from France £41.70 inc postage , it's twice the price. I ordered this model but I would make a return on the dimensions for French people

Last edited:
Mine arrived today .....pretty quick....I'll fit them this afternoon.....a tiny drop of WD40 around the twiserly bit will keep it from seizing up.

Hi,
I have just received mine in France, compared to my old comment, the lengths do not correspond, it is better to order the officials.
If I ever find an equivalent in car shops I will give the reference of the nuts.

Mine were spot on, (14 threads on each) all fitted now.

its worth mentioning that the plastic caps on the original wheel nuts are tricky to get off. I found the best way was that small spiky tool..came off in seconds. The other thing to mention is if you intend to remove your own wheels at any time, invest £6-10? in that extendable wheel brace from Wilko's. I keep mine with the spare wheel, Makes the job very easy.
thumbnail_IMG_8528.jpg
thumbnail_IMG_8525.jpg

Attachments

• thumbnail_IMG_8527.jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_8527.jpg
    179.7 KB · Views: 440
Last edited:
Mine were spot on, all fitted now.

its worth mentioning that the plastic caps on the original wheel nuts are tricky to get off. I found the best way was that small spiky tool..came off in seconds. The other thing to mention is if you intend to remove your own wheels at any time, invest £6-10? in that extendable wheel brace from Wilko's. Makes the job very easy.
View attachment 272View attachment 270View attachment 273
Please remove photo of invoice as your home address can be seen...

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom