ZS EV LOCKING WHEEL NUTS

Thank you for your return Chrispydoc ,

To remove the covers I have this small object which comes from a Peugeot and which makes it possible to easily remove the covers without damaging.

Attachments

• IMG_20200622_110112.jpg
    IMG_20200622_110112.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 166
The plastic covers on the wheel nuts can be removed via the tool that's supplied and located in the boot under the floor, look carefully at the black hard foam and you will see it sitting there.

Arghhh...it would be, if I'd not re -configured by boot to accommodate my new spare wheel...........:oops:

I removed mine for good. I didn’t want to be faffing about on a wet dark night trying to change a wheel.

I have only had 3 flat tyres in many years motoring. I vividly remember the last one, I was coming out late from the 'pictures' to see my Supercharged XJR down on one side. It was a good tarmac car-park, well lit, but not in a particularly salubrious part of town. I didn't face hanging around for the AA. It only took me 15 mins to take off the massive rear wheel and fit my skinny 'Space saver'. It looked very odd, but got me home. I've always had a spare wheel since...just in case.. ;)

Still working my way through historical threads and in answer to a query from someone regarding torque values for wheel nuts I found this useful site;-
This shows a range of 115 to 130 Nm for tightening.
I have always used a little copper grease on the nut shoulders but be careful not to get any lubricant on the threads as it can cause false torque reading.
Surprised torque value no shown in handbook.

The details I have say 120 - 130Nm for alloy wheels. I was also surprised not see these values in the handbook :rolleyes:

Why so many people want locking nuts on these wheels puzzles me. If anyone wants them please take them and leave me the tyres, which is probably what they are after anyway. Insurance will get me a nicer set of wheels.
They would really look out of place on any other car and not that great on the ZS, If there was a choice we would have chosen something different, Just awful design, yuk.
We did ask the dealer but they could not supply alternatives so now waiting for some January sales at the motor factors or on the net.

Why so many people want locking nuts on these wheels puzzles me. If anyone wants them please take them and leave me the tyres, which is probably what they are after anyway. Insurance will get me a nicer set of wheels.
They would really look out of place on any other car and not that great on the ZS, If there was a choice we would have chosen something different, Just awful design, yuk.
We did ask the dealer but they could not supply alternatives so now waiting for some January sales at the motor factors or on the net.
I don't mind them, I can't see them from the driver's seat anyway and they are very easy to clean.

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
No doubt selling through a car forum! 🤪

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom