ZS EV LR charging and equalisation.

DrTom

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
Hi, I've been looking through the manual in anticipation of getting my 2022 ZS LR.
I see and understand the section on charging ( I did have a gen 1)
However, I don't see anything to do with the charging indicator inside the charging port, particularly to do with equalisation.
On the Gen 1 the MG logo would go from pulsing to steady when equalising and then off when done.
Can any of you lucky enough to have received their Gen 2 tell me the sequence of the indicators, particularly when equalising.
Cheers

Hi, I've been looking through the manual in anticipation of getting my 2022 ZS LR.
I see and understand the section on charging ( I did have a gen 1)
However, I don't see anything to do with the charging indicator inside the charging port, particularly to do with equalisation.
On the Gen 1 the MG logo would go from pulsing to steady when equalising and then off when done.
Can any of you lucky enough to have received their Gen 2 tell me the sequence of the indicators, particularly when equalising.
Cheers
That’s a really good question @DrTom ?.
The steady glow from the MG badge has gone now unfortunately that indicates that balancing is in progress.
I wonder if the three green lights in the charging port omits a steady glow when balancing ?.
We need the help of a facelift owner please 🙏.
Thanks !.

It should show on your Smart meter monitor (if you have one) when charging at home, when the load drops to the lower level.

It should show on your Smart meter monitor (if you have one) when charging at home, when the load drops to the lower level.
Sorry, Don't have a smart meter. However, as the Gen 1 had the capability of showing when charging stopped and equalisation was taking place so I expected Gen 2 model to have the same.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom