ZS EV Trophy Connect - Maintain vehicle soon - warning light

Just got the warning error too, mine at 681 miles. Does resetting the maintenance counter remove the warning light?
My SR Trophy Connect has just given me the dreaded yellow warning too at about 700 miles, very annoying. As a very low mileage user, I don’t expect to see a service until 2024!

Yes it does but also resets the counter to 15,000 miles.
Our ZS EV LR facelift has covered almost 6,000 miles now and I have not received the service warning, to-date.
I am going to make the assumption that the service schedule counter, was reset as part if the PDI by the Chorley lads.
Why do I say this, because there is a sticker attached to the top right hand corner of the windscreen that states :-
“Your next service is scheduled in 15,000 miles or March 2024.
We collected the car mid March of 2022 so this would be about right.
This leads to me to believe, that by resetting the service schedule in the head unit of the car, would correctly reset it for 12 months OR 15,000 miles ( which every occurs first ).
Why would they bother installing the reminder sticker if they had not reset the service schedule counter ?.
Given the delay between car leaving the factory and then being sold and handed over to the owner, it is my view that resetting the service interval counter should be conducted at the point if the PDI.
Otherwise the warnings are going to pop up at odd times and distant covered.
This resetting process is carried out for almost all makes and models, at the time of the PDI.
Bottom line, it should have been reset by the dealer carrying out the PDI prior to delivery to the customer.
To me it makes little difference if you reset it yourself at 600 miles to be honest.
Unless you intend to cover star ship mileage in the next 12 months.
It is time OR distance based system, which ever comes first, so if you are a low mileage user, then you are going to be submitting your car just before it is 12 months old anyway.
If you chose not to reset it yourself, then it will keep nagging you all if the time, because it believes the car requires a service !.
You know when you bought the car, so just remind yourself to submit the car for its first service when it reaches 11 months old and your golden.

I am going to make the assumption that the service schedule counter, was reset as part if the PDI by the Chorley lads.
Why do I say this, because there is a sticker attached to the top right hand corner of the windscreen that states :-
“Your next service is scheduled in 15,000 miles
I've also got that Chorley sticker but I get the warning about every 700 miles. I just reset the counter. TBH, I'm not sure it is because the reset wasn't carried out at the PDI. I did drop the guys in Chorley a note about this but never got a reply.

I just had the warning come up this morning. at 620 Miles, 20 days old.

Also showing 13.3 v for the battery.

Going to call MG to see what they say

20220920_122442[1].jpg

Attachments

• 20220920_122444[1].jpg
    20220920_122444[1].jpg
    346.2 KB · Views: 78
Also showing 13.3 v for the battery.
Not sure what is mean't by this 🤷‍♂️ ?.
Is it a concern ?.
I do find it really odd that only some cars appears to display the service warning at about every 700 miles or so ????.
Maybe I am lucky ( which is not me ) but our Trophy LR has now covered over 6,000 miles and has not flagged up the service request as of yet ????.

Not sure what is mean't by this 🤷‍♂️ ?.
Is it a concern ?.
I do find it really odd that only some cars appears to display the service warning at about every 700 miles or so ????.
Maybe I am lucky ( which is not me ) but our Trophy LR has now covered over 6,000 miles and has not flagged up the service request as of yet ????.
I think it should normally read 14v, An ICE car's 12v battery shows between 14 and 14.3 volts when it's charging.

It would be nice if someone with a working car could tell us what their battery shows when their car is 'running'

You would expect 14v when running a ice car
does it fluctuate or stay at 13.3v for your hole journey?

You would expect 14v when running a ice car
does it fluctuate or stay at 13.3v for your hole journey?
Well, as it turns out..... no, I've just been for a quick drive. Start the car 13.3v, drive slowly 13.3v, get on with it a bit, slowly goes up to 13.8v. and it stays there, doesn't matter what speed or even stopped. turn off the car, and restart..... 13.3v.

I think it should normally read 14v, An ICE car's 12v battery shows between 14 and 14.3 volts when it's charging.

It would be nice if someone with a working car could tell us what their battery shows when their car is 'running'
On the Gen1 ZS EV - The 12 volt battery status is constantly displayed on the front screen of the dash panel, without scrolling through any menu's to find it.
Not so on the Gen 2 - You have to do a little bit of scroll work, through the menu's to find it.
If I am totally honest, because of the lack of a permanent display, I now do not check my 12 volt battery status on every trip.
When the car is powered down ( sitting on the drive ) the 12 volt battery voltage alternates between 13.1 volts and 13.3 volts.
I will include a screen shot, just taken from our parked car and will check the "Working" voltage and report back ASAP.

IMG_7855.jpg

Last edited:
Well, as it turns out..... no, I've just been for a quick drive. Start the car 13.3v, drive slowly 13.3v, get on with it a bit, slowly goes up to 13.8v. and it stays there, doesn't matter what speed or even stopped. turn off the car, and restart..... 13.3v.
Sounds OK to me
One thing you can try is to make battery charging 12v work harder stick on heated rear screen and seats with high beam on and blower set to high I it can keep above 13v then all is good

Sounds OK to me
One thing you can try is to make battery charging 12v work harder stick on heated rear screen and seats with high beam on and blower set to high I it can keep above 13v then all is good
I'll keep an eye on it, but it'll be interesting to see what reading others get.

Car in the garage to check out the 'Maintain Vehicle Soon' warning on Monday. but to be honest I have very little faith that they will know more than us. But at least when the battery falls out or the wheels fall off, it'll be documented.

@BruceT
I just looked I get 13.8 done load test wasn't till heated rear window it dropped to 13.7 after test came up to 13.9
All done on drive way in ready mode

I just looked I get 13.8 done load test wasn't till heated rear window it dropped to 13.7 after test came up to 13.9
All done on drive way in ready mode
13.8v as soon as you turn it on?

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom