ZS EV Trophy Connect - Maintain vehicle soon - warning light

Yes it charges the 12v battery when it is plugged in to charger
Makes sense, but MUST also be kept up from the main battery too. Mine is due to start charging at 9.30 so I'll have a look then.

Thanks everyone. (y)

I must admit I fill a bit spoilt with this charge anytime at 5p
And 13v is a good voltage when at rest btw

I must admit I fill a bit spoilt with this charge anytime at 5p
Willy Wonka And The Chocolate Factory Tantrum GIF

Sounds OK to me
One thing you can try is to make battery charging 12v work harder stick on heated rear screen and seats with high beam on and blower set to high I it can keep above 13v then all is good
I don't conduct as much night time driving now as I use too, but I did notice that when using the ( Gen 1 ) at night, the battery voltage constantly reported above 14 volts, more often reporting 14.5 volts.
But as soon as the head lights where turned on, the battery voltage instantly dropped to just above 12 volts, which had me a bit concerned the first time I seen it !.
The additional drain on the 12v battery, pulls down the ( usually seen ) 14.5 volt status of the battery instantly.
Using any high load items ( head lights / HRW etc ) will have the same affect of reducing the SOH voltage.
ICE cars are a little different, as the alternator appears to keep pace a bit better.
With many items of equipment running, as long as the battery voltage is NOT below 12 volts, then it is still able to keep pace with the discharge.

Okay @BruceT - I have just checked on my car and this is what I have seen.
Boot up the car to the READY mode and checked the 12 volt battery SOH - It matches what the App reports at 13.1 volts.
Just sat behind the wheel and watched ( just the radio turned on ).
Slowly, the 13.1 volts started to rise stage by stage.
Over about five minutes it lifted slowly, from the base line13.1 volts and climbed and settled at 14.1 volts.
Turning on the head lights, brought the voltage down to 13.5 volts, so in that respect it mimics the Gen1 model really.
Having the car in READY mode, should see the 12 volt battery receive charge from the HV pack via the inverter.
If you are concerned if your car is receiving power from the HV battery to the 12 battery, try doing what I did - boot to READY mode and wait about 5 minutes.
The "At Rest" voltage should slowly rise to around 14 volts !.
We have conducted a 100 mile trip today, which helps I guess.

To be fair anything over 13v is charging and considered normal I think the bms just adjusts it as required

So, big "clunk" as the charger started, battery straight up to 14.7 volts
No Bruce - I am not on charge.
I removed the charging cable before I did the checks for you !.
The car WAS plugged in, but it is set up for a delayed charge in the early hours of the morning.
The increase in the 12 volt battery SOH, was produced by the HV battery sending charge via the inverter in the car, when the car was in the READY mode.
Charging of the 12 volt battery only happens when the car is either in READY mode OR when pulling a charge from a wall box etc.
In STANDBY mode the 12 volt battery is NOT receiving a charge.
Hope that make sense.

No Bruce - I am not on charge.
I removed the charging cable before I did the checks for you !.
The car WAS plugged in, but it is set up for a delayed charge in the early hours of the morning.
The increase in the 12 volt battery SOH, was produced by the HV battery sending charge via the inverter in the car, when the car was in the READY mode.
Charging of the 12 volt battery only happens when the car is either in READY mode OR when pulling a charge from a wall box etc.
In STANDBY mode the 12 volt battery is NOT receiving a charge.
Hope that make sense.
No, that's mine, clunk up to 14.7v

That isn't battery voltage.
What you are seeing is charger output voltage.
Agreed.
The Inverter is diverting charge at 14.1 volts from the HV pack, it supply's a charge to the 12 volt battery on the car.
( The inverter is acting a little like the alternator on a ICE car ).
The true actual battery voltage state has to measured at the battery itself.
I think the OP was worried / questioning his own reported 12 volt battery reading, on the dash panel, as his reading looked a little low compared to others owners cars (y).

I just had the warning come up this morning. at 620 Miles, 20 days old.

Also showing 13.3 v for the battery.

Going to call MG to see what they say

View attachment 11019

OK, just a little follow up, Car in the garage yesterday regarding the 'Maintain Vehicle Soon' warning......

Apparently, this is a warning for a 'comfort check' that was discontinued some time and shouldn't still come up.

This might be true but TBH sounds a bit 🐂:poop:y to me. Anyway, the warning's gone.

OK, just a little follow up, Car in the garage yesterday regarding the 'Maintain Vehicle Soon' warning......

Apparently, this is a warning for a 'comfort check' that was discontinued some time and shouldn't still come up.

This might be true but TBH sounds a bit 🐂:poop:y to me. Anyway, the warning's gone.
That is great to hear and I hope its all sorted now.
Question 🙋‍♂️ :- What the hell is "Comfort Check" when it's at home ?.
How does this fit in with a "Maintain Vehicle Soon" warning, that sounds very much like a service interval request ??.
I wonder if it's new speak for "Heath Check" ?.
These can be called on other by other makes and models ( VAGroup ) at similar times to the service call intervals, but can be independently set / re-rest.
This happened to me on two occasions, when submitted my ( VAG ) model for it's regular service, then about a week latter, I received another request for a service !.
The dealer had reset the service indicator schedule but not the health check schedule and the light came back on again !.
If this was the case, that may explain why it keeps appearing, because it has never been reset ???.
What is the reported date in the info unit, for next ( first ) service date ?.
Does it align with your original collection date, or 12 months from now ?.

That is great to hear and I hope its all sorted now.
Question 🙋‍♂️ :- What the hell is "Comfort Check" when it's at home ?.
How does this fit in with a "Maintain Vehicle Soon" warning, that sounds very much like a service interval request ??.
I wonder if it's new speak for "Heath Check" ?.
These can be called on other by other makes and models ( VAGroup ) at similar times to the service call intervals, but can be independently set / re-rest.
This happened to me on two occasions, when submitted my ( VAG ) model for it's regular service, then about a week latter, I received another request for a service !.
The dealer had reset the service indicator schedule but not the health check schedule and the light came back on again !.
If this was the case, that may explain why it keeps appearing, because it has never been reset ???.
What is the reported date in the info unit, for next ( first ) service date ?.
Does it align with your original collection date, or 12 months from now ?.
Who knows? I did go to the Honda side of the service place and maybe they call it something different.

I have checked the next service and it's gone back to 15000 miles for next service, so basically all they did is reset it.

There doesn't seem to be a date for next service, just milage, in the info system

I've had the new ZS Trophy Connect for 12 days now, Wednesday I had a Warning light come up. Says "Maintain vehicle soon". Yellow triangle and exclamation mark stuck on corner of dash and full text warning on start up each time. I've done 900 miles so far.

Talking to 2 dealerships (one local and one where I bought it) they say it just needs to be brought in and turned off as it's some how thinking it needs a service when it shouldn't for a further 14k miles or so.

With the cars being new to the dealerships , they were keen to understand what it was and help for the future reference.

I'll keep you posted on what happens and if it is anything more than a simple warning error.

Anyone else had a similar warning?
My TCLR just started doing it. Only do e 629 miles from new

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom