ZS EV Trophy Connect - Maintain vehicle soon - warning light

Service warning lights appears to be only happening with cars displaying km? Not aware of any issues in the UK where vehicle is displaying miles.....might be specific to Europe?

Just read earlier posts.....ignore above as problem also in UK. Hopefully my long range trophy is not affected....1800 miles so far and no false warnings.

The demo car I'm buying had this warning light on when I took it for a test drive. It's got less than 200 miles on the clock. I'll make sure the dealer sorts it before I pick it up on Friday.

The demo car I'm buying had this warning light on when I took it for a test drive. It's got less than 200 miles on the clock. I'll make sure the dealer sorts it before I pick it up on Friday.
Mine was in for a retrofit of the towbar, i told them about it and they said there were an update "on the way" and they were not sure if it had been released onto the server they update from.

When i picked it up, i was told to just keep resetting the error message and contact them later, as the update was not yet released for them to apply.

I spoke to my dealer today who said to ignore it until my car is due its first service in December. He said that resetting now would mean I would keep getting the error message every June 🤷🏻‍♂️

I spoke to my dealer today who said to ignore it until my car is due its first service in December. He said that resetting now would mean I would keep getting the error message every June 🤷🏻‍♂️
It has a big yellow warning triangle, to be honest i am not going to drive around with that for months.

Who knows what happens if something else goes wrong...Maybe i would not notice because the triangle was already on.

Also...If that counter is made in a normal fashion, whenever they have it in for a service, they should be able to reset it and have it not come one for another year.

I've had the new ZS Trophy Connect for 12 days now, Wednesday I had a Warning light come up. Says "Maintain vehicle soon". Yellow triangle and exclamation mark stuck on corner of dash and full text warning on start up each time. I've done 900 miles so far.

Talking to 2 dealerships (one local and one where I bought it) they say it just needs to be brought in and turned off as it's some how thinking it needs a service when it shouldn't for a further 14k miles or so.

With the cars being new to the dealerships , they were keen to understand what it was and help for the future reference.

I'll keep you posted on what happens and if it is anything more than a simple warning error.

Anyone else had a similar warning?
I've got an mg zx trophy connect ev 71 plate it has the same problem.
I've managed to reset it on the infotainment system, however it only lasts about 600 miles before it comes back on again. I've reset it now 3 times.
Another fault I have. That on power up, the power up prompt giving the data and time as 1 Jan 2019.
The agent hasn't a clue. It's been in and the firmware has been updated without success. Their stumpt.
Another fault. This is a strange one. If I have the radio on DAB smooth every time I put my foot on the brake or the vehicle is slowing down in kers3 the sound goes off on the radio? It looks as if is related with the stop lights but I've not approached the dealerships about this yet.🤔

Last edited:
I've had the new ZS Trophy Connect for 12 days now, Wednesday I had a Warning light come up. Says "Maintain vehicle soon". Yellow triangle and exclamation mark stuck on corner of dash and full text warning on start up each time. I've done 900 miles so far.

Talking to 2 dealerships (one local and one where I bought it) they say it just needs to be brought in and turned off as it's some how thinking it needs a service when it shouldn't for a further 14k miles or so.

With the cars being new to the dealerships , they were keen to understand what it was and help for the future reference.

I'll keep you posted on what happens and if it is anything more than a simple warning error.

Anyone else had a similar warning?
I've reset mine.
As if your car does develop a problem how are you to no if there's already a warning light on the dash and you may well be inclined to ignore a new warning all together possiblyvoiding yiu warranty. I keep resetting the service interval. Just keep note at what mileage your car is due it's next service.
Once it's had the next service the garage should either update the firmware to resolve this issue or reset the next service due mileage.

I have a MG ZS Trophy Connect which I took delivery of in December.
This is a major problem on this car and mine has been back to the dealership FIVE times to try and sort this out. They have changed the loom apparently three times. Whilst the dealership have been as helpful as they can, MG protocol is that the dealship feeds back to HQ and then HQ instruct them what they need to do. I have lost patience now and insist that my car is taken up to HQ to sort there. MG Customer Service is not being helpful at all and saying it needs to be fixed again at the dealership!!!. Also they keep insisting that this problem hasn't been reported before!!

I have a LR trophy connect and also have the date announcement issue and the warning light issue. I’m due to go in for a software update (as my 4g is broken) so I will see if that resolves anything.
Good (to some extent!) to hear that my snags are not unique to me!

Just happened to me as well, 662 miles on the odometer. As far as I can tell, everything still works so not particularly concerned.

The 12v battery is showing 13.8v not the 14.1 I have seen before- is this what’s triggered the warning (although a 0.3v drop is realistically tiny)?

Edit- just tapped the reset service button and no more warning message. Odd.

Last edited:
Just happened to me as well, 662 miles on the odometer. As far as I can tell, everything still works so not particularly concerned.

The 12v battery is showing 13.8v not the 14.1 I have seen before- is this what’s triggered the warning (although a 0.3v drop is realistically tiny)?

The first time I did reset the warning myself. When I took it to the garage about my 4g issue they said the warning was a software issue and are checking with the main MG bods. They suspected the 4g issue and the service issue may be rectified with an update.

The first time I did reset the warning myself. When I took it to the garage about my 4g issue they said the warning was a software issue and are checking with the main MG bods. They suspected the 4g issue and the service issue may be rectified with an update.
Ok. I’m a high milage guy so it’ll only be 5 months until the first service, I’d assume an update would be available by then

Same thing happened to mine this morning at 670 miles. Also 12v battery at 13.8 as you say. Will try the reset, but has your message returned?

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom