Zs falling apart

charlie2512

Novice Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG5
Hi all I've had nothing but bad luck from my zs its been nothing but trouble. It's only 15 months old and it's been in the garage for 3 1/2 of them from new I've had issues with the car when the car was 7 days old it went into total meltdown and ended up getting recovered it was away for four weeks . I always felt that the steering wasn't as it was ment to be so it was in getting that checked mg said it was fine . The car went back for first service when it was 11 months old then mg tell me its needing new steering collum so it was booked in to get that done while waiting for that to get done the car broke down again it wouldn't charge so it was recovered again and away for another four weeks when I got the car back thag had fixed all issues with it . That was Jan this year by the Starr of Feb the steering colum had gone again and it was back ag mg but this time it was to get new colum and front wheel as it is supposedly buckled it was in for 5 weeks this time I give up with it has any one else had these issues any replies welcome

Had no trouble with my ZS trophy thankfully. If I were you I would ask for another car as 3 ½ months out of twelve seems unreasonable. Do you have a loan car every time?

If it is of any consolation, there are a number of threads on steering issues with ZS. A number of them had them replaced under warranty.
I hope you do not run into any more problems with your car.

3 years in and I’ve done 39000 miles with no issues other than the front LED charging lights that needed to be done recently, but was cover under warranty. I still have the same tires from new, very happy with my MG ZS EV

We’ve had our ZS EV LR a year today. 16600 miles, no issues apart from a broken parcel shelf cord. We also have an MG5, 10k miles, again faultless.

How interesting. What sort of mileage is realistic in the ZS LR? And is your MG5 the newer model or the original? What sort of mileage do you get on that one in general use?

How interesting. What sort of mileage is realistic in the ZS LR? And is your MG5 the newer model or the original? What sort of mileage do you get on that one in general use?
230-250 for the ZS and about 20 miles less on the old version MG5 LR

If it is of any consolation, there are a number of threads on steering issues with ZS. A number of them had them replaced under warranty.
I hope you do not run into any more problems with your car.
My daughter is still waiting after a year for the steering rack replacement on her ZS.
I could never get the tailgate to stop rattling no matter how I adjusted the bump stops or slammed shut the thing.

Hi all I've had nothing but bad luck from my zs its been nothing but trouble. It's only 15 months old and it's been in the garage for 3 1/2 of them from new I've had issues with the car when the car was 7 days old it went into total meltdown and ended up getting recovered it was away for four weeks . I always felt that the steering wasn't as it was ment to be so it was in getting that checked mg said it was fine . The car went back for first service when it was 11 months old then mg tell me its needing new steering collum so it was booked in to get that done while waiting for that to get done the car broke down again it wouldn't charge so it was recovered again and away for another four weeks when I got the car back thag had fixed all issues with it . That was Jan this year by the Starr of Feb the steering colum had gone again and it was back ag mg but this time it was to get new colum and front wheel as it is supposedly buckled it was in for 5 weeks this time I give up with it has any one else had these issues any replies
Almost 3 years old , only 2 times yearly service.. super car for me🚙

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom