£1 per kWh

BillyWhizz

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG5
Just got this email WOW
4B167AE5-A23A-4F6F-AAE9-F351479F1462.jpeg

I saw that. I assume there is a degree of them trying to pressure the govt to "do something" for them.

Ouch! Problem is all the price cap stuff (except the 6 months of "equivalent help) doesnt apply to businesses, so while supply to home charge points are covered by price caps, public charge points are not. I fear we are going to see alot more of this over the next few months....

Honestly, its getting to the point where I need to re-evaluate whether I should be going EV right now. I dont have a VIN allocated yet and so Octopus arent going to charge me a cancellation.

Need to run some figures and decide if I should just throw in the towel and wait until energy prices have at least stabilised, by which point the supplier pinch will hopefully be better and I can look again.

Perhaps he's fed up waiting for info from the government and hopes others will follow and force government into issuing details of their "rescue plans"

£1 per kWh, 3.8 miles/kWh = roughly 26p/mile
Petrol@£1.70/litre and 50 mpg = roughly 15p/mile

Makes you think!
Lol my car is a bit more hungry than that.
It’s diesel. @ 32 mpg ~£1.85 / l

But yeah £1 is crazy and I think as some else said they jumped the gun.

It’s still £0.50p/kWh maximum through the Bonnet app on Osprey chargers though and less if you buy a refill but I imagine that will change real soon as Bonnet will not be able to sustain these losses.

Here in Denmark owners of Hybrid cars are running their cars solely on petrol now, "no one" is charging their hybrids, as electricity is equally expensive, which makes it a bad deal to run on batteries.

I paid a fee when i ordered directly from MG and signed a contract.

I wonder if it will be possible to get out of the contract if this continues, and if so, if i will be able to get my deposit back.

I recon that if i stay in the "queue" waiting for a car, i might be getting it a lot sooner, if people start cancelling their orders en-masse.

they have no idea what/when the government is doing to help businesses with energy costs.
Pretty accurate summation of the situation. The Government clearly hasn't a clue and has yet to get around to making this up as they go along. Frankly even when they do it'll change a few times and only be for 6 months.
Presumably Osprey don't have deep enough pockets to carry a loss for any length of time.

Here in Denmark owners of Hybrid cars are running their cars solely on petrol now, "no one" is charging their hybrids, as electricity is equally expensive, which makes it a bad deal to run on batteries.

In the UK it's only Rapid charging that's this expensive, home charging should be no more than 34p/kWh so still cheaper than petrol at £1.70/litre.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom