🎶🎶 I Need An ERO 🎶🎶

View attachment 13071

My orange has arrived today and its looking cool from above :cool:.

New breather pipe fitted, granny cable included, saggy undercarriage included (as other dealers, mine say that they all come like this and its not an issue), ismart app and sat nav were easy to get up and running. Dealer said that it is ok to charge a Trophy to 100% on a home charger, just not on a fast charger.
Was the breather fitted by your dealer, 'in transit', or at the factory?

Can you share a picture? I am in two minds about mudflaps, can’t decide if it looks better or worse with them.
This isn't my car but shows what they look like:
Facebook thread

See also:

I'm currently doing my first charge of ERO ... 79 miles driven and 50% capacity showing. I have a Wallbox Pulsar Plus and the app is showing a charge rate of 6.76kW. Once completed I'll update my spreadsheet and see what results I get.

(Initial calculation is that 50% battery used for 79 miles is 3.11 mpkWh)

Edit: latest status, at 83% charge state - Wallbox app shows charging at 6.83kW; MG app shows charging at 6.52kW. This gives a charging efficiency of just over 95%, although the rate in the MG app is varying, so actual efficiency appears to be 92% plus

Edit2: battery is at 99% ... charge rates have dropped (5.2kW vs 5.6kW) but efficiency is still the same at 92%+
It should be noted that I did not preheat the battery before charging - I didn't see the point as I'm not rapid charging.

Last edited:
Great news, it will be interesting to know if you get both.
I collected my orange Trophy last week, sadly only the type 2 cable was included with the car…

Now is the time to search for a set of floor mats. Aliexpress appears to be selling sets for left hand drive only.

I collected my orange Trophy last week, sadly only the type 2 cable was included with the car…

Now is the time to search for a set of floor mats. Aliexpress appears to be selling sets for left hand drive only.
Quite a few of us have bought our mats from CarMats.co.uk

I was out in ERO tonight taking DD2 and fiance home. ERO drove really sweet - still love the driving experience - but she decided to play Guess The Warning on the way there ... just about every warning came up (Auto Hold, Traffic Sign Detection, ACC, Forward Collision, Auto High Beam etc.). Thankfully the normal driving wasn't an issue. After dropping them off I reset the Infotainment unit and then got out and locked the car. I unlocked and got back in and all was OK for a few mins but then all the warnings came back. After driving for a little while all the warnings went away and everything was back as if nothing had happened. 🙄

I'll see how it is tomorrow - not had a call yet from the dealer re. the breather kit so I'll call them and add this to the schedule for looking at. (I'm going to guess that it is an earth issue).

Dealers workshops must be getting very busy now with all this rectification work, much of which must be very hard to identify being intermittent problems.

Well - it's done - I now have my own MG4 SE SR in Camden Grey. 😁

Collection all went well and drive back home from the dealer was sweet. :)

Here's a pic:

View attachment 13020

More pics can be found here. In there you'll find one of the rear undertray - mine has a small bulge in it (which I recorded on the collection paperwork).

CoC was in the glovebox ... build date 28-Aug-22.

Phone pairing by Bluetooth and Android Auto setup was very easy - worked straightaway with my magnetic plug lead. (Which I've already put in place up through the rubber mat and coiled above/below to tidy it up - push a large flat-blade screwdriver up through the tray hole and the rubber mats lifts off very easily - then clicks back down easily).

Any other questions, just ask. :)
Beautiful car! I'm patiently awaiting my white SE. Dealers advised it has a chassis number and reg', so hope to hear anytime now 🤞

All was hunky dory with ERO this morning. :)

Having a reg just means that the dealer has allocated it from their listings ... the car isn't usually registered until the day of collection (or the day before). But they tend not to do that unless they physically have the car (or it is actually on the way to them rather than just being in transit "somewhere"), so here's hoping. :)

Having a reg just means that the dealer has allocated it from their listings

Exactly. With our previous MG5 we were offered a choice of registration numbers from a list of around 30 consecutive ones about two weeks before the car even arrived at the dealers, yet the car was registered on the day of collection.

I was out in ERO tonight taking DD2 and fiance home. ERO drove really sweet - still love the driving experience - but she decided to play Guess The Warning on the way there ... just about every warning came up (Auto Hold, Traffic Sign Detection, ACC, Forward Collision, Auto High Beam etc.). Thankfully the normal driving wasn't an issue. After dropping them off I reset the Infotainment unit and then got out and locked the car. I unlocked and got back in and all was OK for a few mins but then all the warnings came back. After driving for a little while all the warnings went away and everything was back as if nothing had happened. 🙄

I'll see how it is tomorrow - not had a call yet from the dealer re. the breather kit so I'll call them and add this to the schedule for looking at. (I'm going to guess that it is an earth issue).
Someone on Facebook had the same warnings this morning and they think it was because the windscreen had misted up in front of the camera. Demisted the screen and restarted the car and all was fine.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 501 79.4%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 84 13.3%
  • No

Votes: 46 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back