5LR Power

report back plz should be interesting
Is it granny? Is it my old eyes ? Do I have an MG with a wicked sense of humour?
Just been out fitting a containment cage and restraint chain for the new alarm system and found the dash is now telling me the range is 249 miles 🤷‍♂️

49FFD6E5-083E-408A-A66C-B6AF13FB23C4.jpeg

Is it granny? Is it my old eyes ? Do I have an MG with a wicked sense of humour?
Just been out fitting a containment cage and restraint chain for the new alarm system and found the dash is now telling me the range is 249 miles 🤷‍♂️

View attachment 8153
Suggest you have the same eye op as wot I did ! :)

Good luck Eddie - hope it goes well.

Let me know if you're planning on a coffee morning, please and I'll see about re-arranging my diary so I can pop along. It'll be good to see you and Archie (and anyone else who was at the first meet up), again :cool:

Cheers

Bloggsy
No problem Bloggsy, but we'll need to wait on Arch as he's doing a live broadcast on all weird places north of Bo'ness, with friends and family and looks like the dug as well on his reduced range 5 !

No problem Bloggsy, but we'll need to wait on Arch as he's doing a live broadcast on all weird places north of Bo'ness, with friends and family and looks like the dug as well on his reduced range 5 !
OK folks I’ll set the ball in motion.
Coffee meet next Thursday/Friday/ Saturday/ Sunday (5,6,7 or 8 May) ?
Anyone have preferences ?
Venue suggestions?
Castleview Stirling ?

OK folks I’ll set the ball in motion.
Coffee meet next Thursday/Friday/ Saturday/ Sunday (5,6,7 or 8 May) ?
Anyone have preferences ?
Venue suggestions?
Castleview Stirling ?
I can do the weekend but I am moving my oldest from Uni in St Andrews so will have to juggle around that. Personally, first thing on Saturday would be the best so I can pop in to see everyone at Stirling before heading off to Fife but if that doesn't suit everyone, I'm happy to re-arrange my timings accordingly - just let me know!

Cheers

Bloggsy

Hi folks - not sure if, like last time, people will be coming but just haven't posted here but may I suggest 10 o'clock (sorry for the early start!) on Saturday (7th May 2022) at Castleview Low Carbon Hub, Stirling (FK9 4TW)?

The chargers are free (according to Zap Map) so I'll be stopping there to top up on my way to Fife if anyone should be in the neighbourhood?!

If this doesn't suit, I'd be happy to amend my times, to go with the majority.

Hope to see some of you there!

Cheers

Bloggsy

Hi Bloggsy, I’ll meet you there on Saturday at ten.
Any other members available??
Please reply with confirmation or alternatives
Archie

No all seems good Archie...plus any other MG'rs want to come along more than welcome
We all met at Stirling P&R for a wee charge up and a big chat ! It is a worthwhile exercise as info is passed on + experiences with the car which brings me to the main point. I took my car to a local business call "Ultimate Shine Autos" and they did a great job with a special coating for 60 pounds and now passing on the info for the guys at the meeting and anyone else who wants a braw car !

Tel. 01786 447466 - Scott Morrison is the main man and the address is: Unit 1, 24 Munro Road Springkerse, FK7 7UU. if you mention the RED MG guys he'll know what you mean.
Any probs let me know :)

Last edited:
In my humble opinion I don't see any reason apart from turning up the heat in the cabin to use any option other than Eco mode...its torque is amazingly fast and I would suggest using any higher is wheel spin territory. I've never tried sport as I don't see the need but being an old git its maybe a young mans game and I've had my spell at being a numpty ! but its a phenomenal car (especially at the traffic lights)! BTW getting my red coat another professional coating tomorrow to make it even more beautiful!
I honestly don't think the sport seems to add much apart from heavier steering, as you say its plenty quick enough even in eco!

I honestly don't think the sport seems to add much apart from heavier steering, as you say its plenty quick enough even in eco!
Each setting from Sport -> Normal -> Eco seems to reduce the power for a given throttle position. If I keep foot in same place and move down the range, the car noticeably slows it's acceleration. Sport also changes the brakes compared to the other two settings - allegedly.

1652110968816.png

We all met at Stirling P&R for a wee charge up and a big chat ! It is a worthwhile exercise as info is passed on + experiences with the car which brings me to the main point. I took my car to a local business call "Ultimate Shine Autos" and they did a great job with a special coating for 60 pounds and now passing on the info for the guys at the meeting and anyone else who wants a braw car !

Tel. 01786 447466 - Scott Morrison is the main man and the address is: Unit 1, 24 Munro Road Springkerse, FK& 7UU. if you mention the RED MG guys he'll know what you mean.
Any probs let me know :)
Thanks Eddie - that meet up has cost me a lot! Ferbie's wheel rims protectors and your protective polish/coat is on my list of things to do.

I also considered Archie's door sill protection but not sure the wife would appreciate it! :ROFLMAO:

Must have another meet before Winter - this time WITH a brew!

Cheers

Bloggsy

Thanks Eddie - that meet up has cost me a lot! Ferbie's wheel rims protectors and your protective polish/coat is on my list of things to do.

I also considered Archie's door sill protection but not sure the wife would appreciate it! :ROFLMAO:

Must have another meet before Winter - this time WITH a brew!

Cheers

Bloggsy
Definitely B brew a must... will wait for - 1, good warm weather and 2, allow you time to save up for all your planned purchases ! :)

Hey lovely leccietechy chums out there 😀 I’ve rocked up at the Stirling charge hub and tried all three CPS/ Swarco CCS chargers and no way would the car take any charge. Other cars came and went during my visit and charged without problem. I discussed it with a Swarco engineer who was charging on one of them.
At that a car left the loan Siemens Compact charger as he wondered if that might work. Indeed the charge started immediately.
As I’ve had issues lately with some units including a Podpoint CCS at Oban Tesco, the engineer thought there might be a software problem with this car.
I’ve booked it in for a check up with Frasers at Falkirk next Wednesday as they agree there must be some issue.
Anyone had similar troubles??

Hey lovely leccietechy chums out there 😀 I’ve rocked up at the Stirling charge hub and tried all three CPS/ Swarco CCS chargers and no way would the car take any charge. Other cars came and went during my visit and charged without problem. I discussed it with a Swarco engineer who was charging on one of them.
At that a car left the loan Siemens Compact charger as he wondered if that might work. Indeed the charge started immediately.
As I’ve had issues lately with some units including a Podpoint CCS at Oban Tesco, the engineer thought there might be a software problem with this car.
I’ve booked it in for a check up with Frasers at Falkirk next Wednesday as they agree there must be some issue.
Anyone had similar troubles??
Not so far Arch - it confirms your lack of electrons last Saturday when I charge next to you on the 22kw units - hope you get it fixed soon

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom