5LR Power

Not so far Arch - it confirms your lack of electrons last Saturday when I charge next to you on the 22kw units - hope you get it fixed soon
Aye and yet since then we charged up OK at the CPS/ Swarco unit at the Sports Club in Linlithgow- weird.
Perhaps I need a bigger filler funnel or a longer syphon tube 🤷‍♂️

Aye and yet since then we charged up OK at the CPS/ Swarco unit at the Sports Club in Linlithgow- weird.
Perhaps I need a bigger filler funnel or a longer syphon tube 🤷‍♂️
Update on my charging anomalies :-
Having had multiple problems trying to charge on CCS units I’ve spoken to a Sparco technician on site at Stirling and a Charge Place Scotland assistant on the phone about my problems ( only the ones related to car chargers - no one’s interested in my other foibles and troubles 🤣🤣)
So today I’ve gone back to the dealership (Frasers of Falkirk)
Under warranty they checked the vehicle and updated some software. The technician then took the car to the charge hub at Falkirk Stadium and tested it out on a CCS charge there. No fault and charged to 60%.
We collected the car a couple of hours after dropping it off and drove to the charge hub at Stirling Castleview. (En-route we recharged ourselves with a baked potato with chilli chicken at Torwood Garden Centre’s restaurant in Larbert - excellent 80% rapid human top up 😋)
Without any issues the car and CCS charger communicated and took the charge straight to 80%.
An excellent outcome for the day.
Our only slight snag was that Frasers very kindly lent us an MG 3 courtesy car which conclusively proved that it really is high time we had the electric machine - clutches, gears and old guys are no longer compatible 🤦‍♂️
But many thanks to all the staff at Frasers.

Having had multiple problems trying to charge on CCS units I’ve spoken to a Sparco technician on site at Stirling and a Charge Place Scotland assistant on the phone about my problems ( only the ones related to car chargers - no one’s interested in my other foibles and troubles 🤣🤣)
Under warranty they checked the vehicle and updated some software. The technician then took the car to the charge hub at Falkirk Stadium and tested it out on a CCS charge there. No fault and charged to 60%.
We collected the car a couple of hours after dropping it off and drove to the charge hub at Stirling Castleview. (En-route we recharged ourselves with a baked potato with chilli chicken at Torwood Garden Centre’s restaurant in Larbert - excellent 80% rapid human top up 😋)
Without any issues the car and CCS charger communicated and took the charge straight to 80%.
Our only slight snag was that Frasers very kindly lent us an MG 3 courtesy car which conclusively proved that it really is high time we had the electric machine - clutches, gears and old guys are no longer compatible 🤦‍♂️
Tell us more about this mysterious software update?

Tell us more about this mysterious software update?
I’m not sure what they did. The guy at CPS remotely checked that a charger I was on had been used multiple times prior to my failure to charge, and that there were no issues with my CPS rfid card etc.
So all I can report is that certain CCS chargers were causing me grief - either not giving me a charge or required multiple attempts. It seems the rfid card could do it’s bit but then the charger was having difficulties communicating with the car. It was a bit hit and miss over the last month or two especially but I initially thought it was me.
So I’ll be trying the odd unit here and there for a wee while and see what happens.
The Tesco 7kw units, our Rolec home charger and good old Granny not been any trouble so it’s just been the CCS and whatever electrikery is involved there that has caused any upset.

I’m not sure what they did. The guy at CPS remotely checked that a charger I was on had been used multiple times prior to my failure to charge, and that there were no issues with my CPS rfid card etc.
So all I can report is that certain CCS chargers were causing me grief - either not giving me a charge or required multiple attempts. It seems the rfid card could do it’s bit but then the charger was having difficulties communicating with the car. It was a bit hit and miss over the last month or two especially but I initially thought it was me.
So I’ll be trying the odd unit here and there for a wee while and see what happens.
The Tesco 7kw units, our Rolec home charger and good old Granny not been any trouble so it’s just been the CCS and whatever electrikery is involved there that has caused any upset.
There are two CCS chargers near me, one always works, the other very occasionally. Still issues after reporting and rebooting, etc - would be interesting to see if there was a compatibility update for the car sitting with dealers

There are two CCS chargers near me, one always works, the other very occasionally. Still issues after reporting and rebooting, etc - would be interesting to see if there was a compatibility update for the car sitting with dealers
Aye that is how I’m beginning to understand it. I’m going to try out some of my more memorable failure chargers and see what happens with whatever magical tweaks have been perpetrated 🤷‍♂️

So where’s the trouble maker situated ? - I’ll maybe stop off for a trial there sometime if I’m driving in the area.

Thx for the info Archie as I'm heading to Lochaline next Tuesday and now worried I catch the "Archev LR5 plague" ! :-(

Thx for the info Archie as I'm heading to Lochaline next Tuesday and now worried I catch the "Archev LR5 plague" ! :-(
Liberal application of silver duct tape to your off-side door cill and keep taking the salt free porridge diet and you’ll be fine Eddie - have a terrific trip there. Lochaline equals Lovely!

Liberal application of silver duct tape to your off-side door cill and keep taking the salt free porridge diet and you’ll be fine Eddie - have a terrific trip there. Lochaline equals Lovely!
Thx my friend also talking about bugs, been told before setting off spray your lights/front of car (was about to say radiator but no got yin) with a light coating of WD40 and on return hopefully the beasties will come off easily, -going to give it a go and kill as many midges as possible !

Thx my friend also talking about bugs, been told before setting off spray your lights/front of car (was about to say radiator but no got yin) with a light coating of WD40 and on return hopefully the beasties will come off easily, -going to give it a go and kill as many midges as possible !
Steady on there - have you got an HGV license?
I'm worried all that fancy-dancy glistening paint treatment and then copious amounts of WD40 might tip you over the weight limit for the Corran Ferry 🤨. 🤣🤣
Iv’e not heard of that trick but I think you might still find there’s more than enough midges to go round. I must admit this is the first year for a while that we’ve had many insects splattered over the front of a car. I actually saw a couple of our feathered friends hopping around collecting some of the bigger specimens- not seen that for years 😀

We all met at Stirling P&R for a wee charge up and a big chat ! It is a worthwhile exercise as info is passed on + experiences with the car which brings me to the main point. I took my car to a local business call "Ultimate Shine Autos" and they did a great job with a special coating for 60 pounds and now passing on the info for the guys at the meeting and anyone else who wants a braw car !

Tel. 01786 447466 - Scott Morrison is the main man and the address is: Unit 1, 24 Munro Road Springkerse, FK7 7UU. if you mention the RED MG guys he'll know what you mean.
Any probs let me know :)
Well, Eddie - that's the MG booked in for this Thursday to get the protective coating done. They said if I could get it to them first thing, they'll get it turned around by 11.30 (y)

Thanks for sharing, mate - hope it turns out as well as your car was at the 'meet up' :cool:

Cheers

Bloggsy

Well, Eddie - that's the MG booked in for this Thursday to get the protective coating done. They said if I could get it to them first thing, they'll get it turned around by 11.30 (y)

Thanks for sharing, mate - hope it turns out as well as your car was at the 'meet up' :cool:

Cheers

Bloggsy
We're all intrigued to find out what this 'special coating' is :)

Cheers

Bloggsy
Your welcome young man, maybe a bit OTT but gonna get mine done again just before the winter craps upon us ! methinks its worth it

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom