AA Breakdown duration, more than 12 months?

airwrks

Novice Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 SE SR
Hello all,

Just picked up our MG4 six weeks ago or so, the dealer said it has free 12 months AA breakdown cover, but when I rang the breakdown customer service number to confirm the cover duration, they said the cover lasts till 1st Jan 2026! which is much longer than the 12 months the dealer said. Anyone confirmed their breakdown with AA and found the same?

Usually you get 12 months MG Assist (AA cover) when you collect your new car. If you then get your service done in the MG dealer network then MG Assist is renewed for a further year.

1st Jan 26 sounds like you've already got 2.5 years of MG Assist. 🤷‍♂️

Ditto, when we collected ours, we had much the same tale, renewed at the annual service for a further 12 months. Sounded like a good move to keep you going back to the main stealer.

Is it active on purchase or must I do something to activate it? Been meaning to get round to this 😃

ISTR someone with a ZS saying it only lasts for 4 years.

I never had to do anything to activate, I know its active as my profile pic is the AA recovering the MG4 back to the stealership

Seems this is UK only. Though if you buy your MG in the EU it applies to the whole of the EU. Another Brexit win!
I would like to pop over to France soon. Any advice on how you get cover over there?

Seems this is UK only. Though if you buy your MG in the EU it applies to the whole of the EU. Another Brexit win!
I would like to pop over to France soon. Any advice on how you get cover over there?
The AA do single and multi trip cover for Europe. You can book it on-line

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 530 79.2%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 90 13.5%
  • No

Votes: 49 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel