• We are having a problem with new Hotmail members being unable to receive activation emails. Please avoid using a Hotmail email address. Thanks.

Adaptive cruise control

I don’t thin either version of the ZS do - check to see if the power meter goes into the charging section but pretty sure it doesn’t.

Yes - the MG5 needed a software update but the ZS apparently already showed brake lights where appropriate

Are you sure? The MG5 does on ACC but not the ZS.
Not sure why the brake lights would operate when KERS is operating.
After all, on a conventional car, the brake light doesn’t operate when using engine braking.

For the ZS EV:

The KERS is not active when ACC or MG Pilot is active.

Does this make much difference to fuel economy or brake wear when driving on a motorway? Answer is, not that you will notice.

The KERS is active if you use the Speed Limiter fuction, Intelligent or Manual.

After all, on a conventional car, the brake light doesn’t operate when using engine braking.
Engine Braking in an ICE car is not as strong as KERS braking in a BEV. However, engine braking on a large motorcycle can be extremely strong.

I believe that at least in some jurisdictions, it's mandatory to show brake lights when decelerating more than a certain amount. So that's what they do, I don't believe that the brake lights come on for light regen (KERS).

I do, but usually the opposite way round!
I much prefer the ACC to be on the steering wheel like my previous three cars, the Mokka, Yeti and Picasso.
Yeah, we had the cruise control on the steering wheel on our Astra K, it was a lot easier than fiddling with the 2 stalks, and i still sometimes use the wrong one. (Want to up the speed, but now i am indicating right, which probable confuses the hell out of the other motorists as there is nowhere to go right and i am already in the rightmost lane.)

For the ZS EV:

The KERS is not active when ACC or MG Pilot is active.

Does this make much difference to fuel economy or brake wear when driving on a motorway? Answer is, not that you will notice.

The KERS is active if you use the Speed Limiter fuction, Intelligent or Manual.

It will wear out the brakes faster, than if it used the "engine braking"

The ACC was developed for the ICE ZS and they did not bother to develop it further to include the KERS function. I suspect the accelerometer function under discussion is determined in software by the rate of change of the Speedo. Much easier to do it that way.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom