After a full change

BillyWhizz

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG5
Did a full charge overnight and this is what is reporting this morning 405 voltage and a estimated range of 200 miles is this similar on your MG5

Attachments

• 56EB7951-0635-4365-8910-0C5B0D868972.jpeg
    56EB7951-0635-4365-8910-0C5B0D868972.jpeg
    236.1 KB · Views: 197
Sounds about right, SWMBO's showed 196 miles when we charged it 2 weeks ago.
It'll probably go up a bit when the weather warms up.

Yep. Spot on. Full charge on the MG 5 is in the low 400s voltage range. Eco mode with HVAC off will give you around the 214 miles mark and this will vary with outside temperature.

Similar with mine. It’s all depends how you drive, how fast and the outside temperature.
I was getting 4.7 miles per kw the other day, fair impressive considering it was about 10 degrees outside.

Similar with mine. It’s all depends how you drive, how fast and the outside temperature.
I was getting 4.7 miles per kw the other day, fair impressive considering it was about 10 degrees outside.
I know its hard to generalise, but what sort of speed for that?

I only ever get 3 kWh or maybe 3.1. That's driving gently on longer journeys and short journeys. I've only had the car a couple of weeks though so i think the battery needs time to bed in?

when I first set off I only get low 3’s. It improves when (I assume) the battery warms up. I always drive in eco mode with the regen set to 3.

Another point, I keep my car in the garage so the battery isn’t as cold as if the car had been stood outside all night.

I only ever get 3 kWh or maybe 3.1. That's driving gently on longer journeys and short journeys. I've only had the car a couple of weeks though so i think the battery needs time to bed in?
I think we've still only put about 500 miles on our car but I don't think I've seen higher than 3.2 yet with a mixture of driving

I did a 50 mile round trip last night with the temperature dropping from 5 to 1 degree C and returned 3.9 miles per kWh. I kept the heating on at 17 degrees with just 1 blob of fan blowing at the windscreen to keep it clear and kept my speed at 55mph or below. The route was about 3/4 A roads with about half at 50mph or 30mph limits. I expect a similar journey at 20 degrees would be over 5 miles per kWh.

I have to confess that I am trying to treat the 5 exactly the same I would any other car. So for example the climate control is constantly set to auto as I don't want to have to sacrifice comfort just to have an EV. The car has to fit in my habits and driving style not the other way around to a certain extent. I never got more than 30mpg from my last car so I'm used to less efficient cars.

I have to confess that I am trying to treat the 5 exactly the same I would any other car. So for example the climate control is constantly set to auto as I don't want to have to sacrifice comfort just to have an EV. The car has to fit in my habits and driving style not the other way around to a certain extent. I never got more than 30mpg from my last car so I'm used to less efficient cars.
That’s exactly the same way I am using my mg5 The car is fitting around me not the other way around

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom