All MG EVs should be recalled because of the charging problems

Now how do we know which dealer is telling the truth :unsure:
The one who tells you that they will plug your car into their machine and let it check for available updates

From the last pod cast I believe it’s for the new ZS cars watch the pod cast 30 May

Just watched the detailed explanation from Miles on the MG podcast. The bulletin to dealers is essentially an instruction to proceed with carrying out software updates to key components for all MG EVs when servicing.

The one who tells you that they will plug your car into their machine and let it check for available updates

I'm sorry but I am a very cynical person... unless I see them actually checking for the updates, I take dealer's word with a pinch of salt.

I have got this Bluetooth OBDII scan tool for Android devices Amazon product ASIN B005NLQAHS but cheaper models might work just as well. I use Car Scanner app on my phone with it and it does the clear error codes command.
With it I can read HV battery SOH, it is 100% after 10k m and mostly fast charging but the result could be skewed by hidden unusable battery capacity.
Hi DuracellBunny can you give us a bit more detail on the OBDII scan tool and the app you used. I also have a Nissan Leaf and use the ODBII dongle and an app called LeafSpy to access the codes and monitor the cells in the battery this is relatively easy to use. I had a problem today in York where all the DC chargers in the rank that i tried refused to connect and reported a fault but the AC 7KW charger connected just fine however later on on the the way back I tried an Insavolt charger and this connected and charged just fine. Maybe I could have cleared the fault condition and got a rapid charge rather than waiting for an hour to get enough to see me home.

Hi DuracellBunny can you give us a bit more detail on the OBDII scan tool and the app you used. I also have a Nissan Leaf and use the ODBII dongle and an app called LeafSpy to access the codes and monitor the cells in the battery this is relatively easy to use. I had a problem today in York where all the DC chargers in the rank that i tried refused to connect and reported a fault but the AC 7KW charger connected just fine however later on on the the way back I tried an Insavolt charger and this connected and charged just fine. Maybe I could have cleared the fault condition and got a rapid charge rather than waiting for an hour to get enough to see me home.
To read and reset faults I use Car Scanner.
To see state of battery I use MG EP (not use with Leaf).

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom