Almost decision time... and decision made!!!

In many of these cases though, many forum members were on here BEFORE they got their MG4, so it's not so much a case of joining just to report problems. And forums can indicate a much larger issue- if lots of forum members repeat a common issue, it's probably a lot more widespread. Is it really just forum members who got the under tray bulge? If all non forum MG4 owners went out and looked under their car, are they really all as dry as the desert? That person out their now banging on the windows in a panic as her MG4 likes her so much it's kidnapped her, locking her in won't let her out of her car, is she on the forum? Meaning that just as those non-members don't join to go "I drove my car today and it was all good", they also generally don't join to say they've problems either. People don't generally join forums period.
That's fair. I mostly meant that people tend to be more active in a forum when something bad happens, than when not. I might be lucky and get a nice car and be enthusiastic enough to post here how nice it went, but after a while it's more likely that I'll remain silent until something (mostly negative) happens. Of course, I am not saying that some of these issues aren't widespread (for instance, people reporting oil leakage on test drive cars is indicative) but still, reading in a forum I think amplifies the perception of an issue's chance to occur in a single person.

I think I'm entitled to be concerned if I'm going to shell out my money on it. and if you read some of my other posts ive said I'll give it a couple of weeks to see if the software issues get fixed or I will cancel and get something else. I have zero stress with this what so ever, I do however get to voice my concerns

I totally get people who have purchased the car being frustrated as they’ve already committed to the product and put down a considerable amount of money.

Given the level of concern you’ve expressed I’d honestly be surprised if MG can do anything in the next few weeks to really assuage your concerns.

You’ve called MG a joke, and inept just in the past few posts. If that’s how you feel I’m not sure why you’d want to give them £30k of your own money for a product.

I've called MG's customer service a joke and inept. I think you will find I am in good company in here with regards people's feelings about MG's customer service I have yet to find anyone who has praised it.

There are apparently fixes now available for the lka and other software issues this was confirmed by miles on last night's podcast, I will wait to see if these do cure some of the major software issues

I've called MG's customer service a joke and inept. I think you will find I am in good company in here with regards people's feelings about MG's customer service I have yet to find anyone who has praised it.

There are apparently fixes now available for the lka and other software issues this was confirmed by miles on last night's podcast, I will wait to see if these do cure some of the major software issues

You said MG are a joke and need to start providing customer service.

Doesn’t really change the point regardless, don’t give a company £30k of your hard earned money if you think they OR their customer service are a joke, surely….

Mate we are not going to agree, and this has wandered way of topic. Cheers for the advice as I've said I may take you up on it in a couple weeks

If a thought at the back of your head turns into a niggle in the middle and then a concern at the front lobes abandon ship irrespective of manufacturer. Peace of mind is paramount...and you can come back later if things improve and the thoughts go from front to back and then leave.

I understand reservations but only individuals can make that informed and considered decision not this forum

Read this thread for info
Wow thats crazy! I was actually just thinking of ordering an MG4 today, just getting ready to go out and pay a deposit....but that post defo changed my mind!!
perhaps would have been ok if it was just a one off but seems like a few people reporting it occuring repeatedly and no one knows why
the thought that really freaks me out is of wife/kids being trapped inside on a hot summer day, windows etc not working, dont think I need this stress from a new car

Wow thats crazy! I was actually just thinking of ordering an MG4 today, just getting ready to go out and pay a deposit....but that post defo changed my mind!!
perhaps would have been ok if it was just a one off but seems like a few people reporting it occuring repeatedly and no one knows why
the thought that really freaks me out is of wife/kids being trapped inside on a hot summer day, windows etc not working, dont think I need this stress from a new car
It might end up being another problem is which social media is to blame :rolleyes:

I think out of all the issues, this is potentially the biggest, I do think it could be a very limited in number fault (judging by how many reports are online) but it is the one causing the most concern, for me.
The oil leak is/will get fixed (should be added to every new car) not going down that route again, similarly the tray.
The car doing its impersonation of Christine apparently already has a fix, as mentioned by Miles, every other common issue seems to be linked to software, so as the standard reply goes "it will get fixed with an update"

I am now having a bit of a dilemma as I have a Trophy on order (pot luck with date) or a deal on the table for a Mégane etech techno (delivery middle of next month)

It concerns me too but putting it in perspective as far as I know only 3 cases have been mentioned on social media and none recently, unlike the oil leak which seemed to affect most of the first batch of cars and perhaps some of the second depending on the manufacturing date not delivery date.
Although no cause has been found it doesn't appear to have happened to the same car again.

So, big decision to make. My orange Trophy is likely to arrive in the next couple of weeks, and I'm not sure I want it.

I mean, I do want it, very much. But I don't want the risk and hassle that potentially goes with it.

Oil leak (maybe), bulging undertray (almost certainly), no scheduled charging (almost certainly), potential seat issues (hopefully not), incorrect temperature sensor (maybe), unable to pre-heat when plugged in (almost certainly), TPMS warnings (maybe), driver fatigue warning (maybe, hopefully the sensor has been removed otherwise almost certainly), etc., etc., etc.

And the ultimate will-it-won't-it worry about being locked in the car despite having the key. I'm not a small guy, and the thought of climbing through the back seats and out the boot fills me with a sense of dread and laughter all at the same time.

My current car needs a service and MOT in January, so delaying will mean unwanted expense and more depreciation as it goes over 4 years old. But I think I'm coming to the conclusion that I should just cancel and wait 6 months to see if/when the issues have been satisfactorily resolved.

Bit of a pointless post really, but just wanted to get it off my chest.
Had my orange trophy 3 weeks....I was a bit worried before I got it. So far I love it.....I have learnt to drive a bit economically to get the best out the charge, but gosh it can pick up when needed. Slow charge takes forever, but that's ok, can always quick charge. I don't know all about the teccie electrical stuff but it works ok for me so far...if there is a problem I have a warranty.....600 miles so far, let's see how we go, couple of big rips planned.

Had my orange trophy 3 weeks....I was a bit worried before I got it. So far I love it.....I have learnt to drive a bit economically to get the best out the charge, but gosh it can pick up when needed. Slow charge takes forever, but that's ok, can always quick charge. I don't know all about the teccie electrical stuff but it works ok for me so far...if there is a problem I have a warranty.....600 miles so far, let's see how we go, couple of big rips planned.
Glad to hear. No sign of the oil leak then?

And given your location, was it Cars2 at Barnsley?

Hopefully nowhere. But if it happens the breather is on the nearside in line with the rear axle. The oil then drips down onto the undertray and depending on the bends in it and whether you park on a slope comes out by the suspension lower arm on one side or the other. If it happens whilst you are driving it gets splattered up the undertray, otherwise it drips where you park.

Well, the delay in my orange Trophy arriving (dealer quoted 8 weeks, but that was 12 weeks ago) and the number of issues prompted me to have a look around at what else was available.

Bought a Renault Megane E-Tech today, so have cancelled my MG4 order(s). The Megane is obviously more expensive, but I got a decent discount and a better trade in price for my current car, so the difference isn't as bad as it could be.

I won't get into comparing the MG4 and Megane, because that way lies madness! Suffice to say I'm happy with my decision.

I genuinely hope that those MG4 owners who have issues get them sorted quickly, and new owners get to enjoy their car with the minimum of hassle.

Well, the delay in my orange Trophy arriving (dealer quoted 8 weeks, but that was 12 weeks ago) and the number of issues prompted me to have a look around at what else was available.

Bought a Renault Megane E-Tech today, so have cancelled my MG4 order(s). The Megane is obviously more expensive, but I got a decent discount and a better trade in price for my current car, so the difference isn't as bad as it could be.

I won't get into comparing the MG4 and Megane, because that way lies madness! Suffice to say I'm happy with my decision.

I genuinely hope that those MG4 owners who have issues get them sorted quickly, and new owners get to enjoy their car with the minimum of hassle.
Go on. tell us more.
I'd be interested in a megan comparison + a bit of info on discounts etc :)

The Megane is very cool, and Renault certainly have a lot more experience in EVs than MG.
Just too expensive for me on PCP, even the dealer (who is the same dealer as my MG) admitted the costs are daft.
Right up there with Tesla M3 money per month.
Grey with the big wheels is Uber cool though.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 532 79.3%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 90 13.4%
  • No

Votes: 49 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back