Already broken

ukflyer

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 Trophy LR
Unfortunately the left footrest (dead pedal) just fell apart. It’s pretty cheap plastic. Will see if I can make a warranty claim for a new one, though I doubt there will be stock for some time.

Attachments

• 5D6F21FB-6789-4130-A0B7-1B384D340835.jpeg
    5D6F21FB-6789-4130-A0B7-1B384D340835.jpeg
    498 KB · Views: 879
  • 71C5BCD0-46FE-40D5-B9BA-2D2E3DFE9CDF.jpeg
    71C5BCD0-46FE-40D5-B9BA-2D2E3DFE9CDF.jpeg
    264 KB · Views: 690
  • 09035219-E355-450F-B526-00368A9B2BF2.jpeg
    09035219-E355-450F-B526-00368A9B2BF2.jpeg
    367.1 KB · Views: 683
  • B4BD8E14-9C3E-4892-8D33-DBF17F962DB2.jpeg
    B4BD8E14-9C3E-4892-8D33-DBF17F962DB2.jpeg
    277.8 KB · Views: 860
I occasionally use the foot rest to lift myself off the seat a bit for, ahem, a release of pressure, so to speak. Looks like I’ll have to find a different method!
Yes, a bit of shimmying will be required which results in the least damage. 😳😅🤔 Still, ukflyer please let us know how you get on with your dealer. This should be reported back to head office and sturdier replacements sent out.

Had the car 4 days. Having size 14 feet doesn’t help, especially when adjusting my seating position. I’m thinking of trying to 3D print a smaller, lower, stronger version to replace the stock one. I will update next week after speaking to my dealer.

Had the car 4 days. Having size 14 feet doesn’t help, especially when adjusting my seating position. I’m thinking of trying to 3D print a smaller, lower, stronger version to replace the stock one. I will update next week after speaking to my dealer.
Is there carpet underneath the broken footrest?
If so do the same as I did on my Focus's footrest. Cut a piece of old rubber mat to shape and after making sure the rubber is clean stick two strips of the hook part of stick-on velcro to the back. Attach to the carpet. No need to use the fluffy part as it will firmly grip the carpet.

Unfortunately the left footrest (dead pedal) just fell apart. It’s pretty cheap plastic. Will see if I can make a warranty claim for a new one, though I doubt there will be stock for some time.
Hello, can you please post pictures of the area where the footrest fits. I have ordered a Trophy in red and wondered if I could remove the footrest because of my long legs, I prefer no footrest, with the rest out is the area flat. Thanks, Paul

Hello, can you please post pictures of the area where the footrest fits. I have ordered a Trophy in red and wondered if I could remove the footrest because of my long legs, I prefer no footrest, with the rest out is the area flat. Thanks, Paul
I'm 6ft 2in tall and I found if the seat went all the way back it was too far. I think the foot rest is built into the shape of the floor so you wouldn't gain much by removing it.

I'm 6ft 2in tall and I found if the seat went all the way back it was too far. I think the foot rest is built into the shape of the floor so you wouldn't gain much by removing it.
To be honest it is more the hight and angle of the footrest. I'm 6ft 9inchs 37 inside leg, the car was excellent for space but my requirements are a bit exceptional.

Honestly, it’s more comfortable without it. I think it was designed for smaller (footed) people. I’m 6’. I will post a photo of the footwell, obviously without it.
Thanks, appreciate that. I currently own a MG 5, I will look tomorrow and see if that just lifts off with a little help. My MG 4 is on 16 week delivery so I have my 5 for a while longer. Look forward to seeing pics.

Sorry for the delay. Here is a pic of the footwell, sans the dead pedal.

Attachments

• C0541640-E7FA-43B5-B352-117E29D7F998.jpeg
    C0541640-E7FA-43B5-B352-117E29D7F998.jpeg
    839.7 KB · Views: 705
A temporary (ish) fix. Get a piece of plywood cut to shape using the broken foot rest as a template, paint it black, then using the original bolts bolt it to the floor. Stick a piece of rubber floor mat also cut to shape onto it. If you cut out a couple of holes in the rubber corresponding to the bolt heads they'll nearly be flush with the surface.

A temporary (ish) fix. Get a piece of plywood cut to shape using the broken foot rest as a template, paint it black, then using the original bolts bolt it to the floor. Stick a piece of rubber floor mat also cut to shape onto it. If you cut out a couple of holes in the rubber corresponding to the bolt heads they'll nearly be flush with the surface.
Or just get a crap set of mats from Lidl like me ( £7) 😁

there are so fit for purpose i am going to wait a bit until i get the MG ones. At £73.00 (whenever they become available).

was supposed to be a very short stop-gap, but I reckon i will still have them in a years tIme.

As a mat, they are not bad, for the price they are fantastic! 😂

Or just get a crap set of mats from Lidl like me ( £7) 😁

there are so fit for purpose i am going to wait a bit until i get the MG ones. At £73.00 (whenever they become available).

was supposed to be a very short stop-gap, but I reckon i will still have them in a years tIme.

As a mat, they are not bad, for the price they are fantastic! 😂
I put a cheap rubber mat under an old car mat from a previous car in my Focus so when I get into the car after walking the dogs it keeps the main carpet from getting damaged. The branded Ford one is used for best :ROFLMAO:

Sorry for the delay. Here is a pic o f the footwell, sans the dead pedal.
Thank you for taking the time to post this. When I get my 4 that foot rest is coming straight out...lol generic car mat should cover up this missing carpet.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 535 79.4%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 90 13.4%
  • No

Votes: 49 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back