Already broken

Has anyone had this recently? I have no problem with mine but it looks different to these photos (maybe they are different on different models). I'll have a poke around and see if it is changed or reinforced in any way.
Mines broken. Tech did a bodge repair which is holding, replacement waiting at dealer for when it goes in for various bits in April. Broke in same place as OP.

Has anyone had this recently? I have no problem with mine but it looks different to these photos (maybe they are different on different models). I'll have a poke around and see if it is changed or reinforced in any way.
I would be very interested to know the outcome. Still waiting for my replacement!

I’ve got exactly the same problem! Foot rest snapped off without any force … going into dealers start of April! Will post photo tomorrow

BD37BB27-A09D-445E-BABE-47123346E30D.jpeg

Attachments

• 9678B26A-43A9-4294-890B-C1444C9CEA44.jpeg
    9678B26A-43A9-4294-890B-C1444C9CEA44.jpeg
    509.3 KB · Views: 129
Dealer was amazed; part arrived just after two weeks. All fitted now.

Just an FYI: You must keep the bolts / plastic covers as this doesn’t come with the new foot rest!

Seen some of these covered by MG Warranty and some not. Mine was not.

Must certainly be a problem somewhere going on as mine also has broken off and I've only done 600 miles in my MG4! My old Ford Focus was over 15 years old and did over 130,000 miles and that foot rest is still there today.
First of all the plastic grommet piece in the top of the foot rest fell off and around 400 miles and then 200 miles later the whole thing came off and I'm only 6ft 1.
Called my local dealer up after 400 miles of ownership and was greeted by - " We have not heard of that happening before but don't worry I will find out the part number for you so when you are next at the dealership you can order it " - So not covered under the warranty which I just cannot believe. Then 200 miles later the whole thing drops off!!! I will keep you all posted what the local dealership says.

Attachments

• IMG_8189.JPG
    IMG_8189.JPG
    396.9 KB · Views: 81
My test drive in April was in the salesman's MG4 SE. He drove to a quiet location telling me about the controls and then I took ove from him. As I sat in the driver's seat I felt something on the floor and picked it up; it was the footrest. On return to the garage the mechanics delved into the footwell and I don't think they had seen the issue before.

My test drive in April was in the salesman's MG4 SE. He drove to a quiet location telling me about the controls and then I took ove from him. As I sat in the driver's seat I felt something on the floor and picked it up; it was the footrest. On return to the garage the mechanics delved into the footwell and I don't think they had seen the issue before.
Strangely enough as I drove the car out of the dealership for the very first time I kept on hearing a slight creaking noise coming from the footrest which at the time I put down to driving a chinese built car and not a Ford / Audi type of car but hey for £36000 you should think an issue like this would be sorted.

Anyone else experienced a problem with their footrest?
It has been nearly 6 weeks now without any footrest and I'm still awaiting too hear back from the main dealer if the part is covered under warranty or not.

Anyone else experienced a problem with their footrest?
It has been nearly 6 weeks now without any footrest and I'm still awaiting too hear back from the main dealer if the part is covered under warranty or not.
I haven't heard anyone else mention it (edit: recently I meant) - seems very rare, I presume a tiny percentage are faulty, which means a replacement should sort it out. However, they may not view it as within the warranty. I think they should, as a part like this should not fail, but it will depend on MG's policy not your dealer's view.

Last edited:
Agree - I think there have been 3 people report a broken foot rest.

I suspect part of the issue is that people use it as a leverage point whilst getting into/out of or comfortable in the car and so put quite a lot of force onto it ... so more than merely "resting" their foot on it. 🤷‍♂️

That said, it should really be able to cope with that.

You're probably right. Having seen these reports I have trodden lightly on it, and it's slightly reassuring that the plastic floor mats cover it and may strengthen it a bit. But you're right, it should be strong enough to withstand being used to lever a heavy driver out of the car.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 539 79.1%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 91 13.4%
  • No

Votes: 51 7.5%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back