Amazon Music

rjkirk

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 Trophy LR
MG4 Trophy LR
Does anyone else have this problem?
When I start the car and try to start Amazon Music the car always tells me that it is not available. Once I get going, so it is now inconvenient to start fiddling with the screen, it sometimes becomes available. Is it me?
I can't sit on my drive for several minutes while it decides whether or not to allow me to stream music, I'm a busy pensioner!

Perhaps you are in a mobile black-spot the car can't connect to Amazon until you've driven to an area with better 4g connection.

I have Amazon Prime so have a free basic Amazon Music account. When I try to listen to it in my Trophy the infotainment system asks if I want to upgrade to Unlimited. I don't, and the tracks won't play. My Amazon Music account doesn't show any authorised devices. My dealer tells me that the MG4 only works with Unlimited accounts. Is this true?

I have Amazon Prime so have a free basic Amazon Music account. When I try to listen to it in my Trophy the infotainment system asks if I want to upgrade to Unlimited. I don't, and the tracks won't play. My Amazon Music account doesn't show any authorised devices. My dealer tells me that the MG4 only works with Unlimited accounts. Is this true?
No.
I also have an Amazon Prime account and I just signed in with my email address and password and can stream free basic Amazon music.

I also have an Amazon Prime account and I just signed in with my email address and password and can stream free basic Amazon music.
If it needed a different type of account I wouldn't have expected to be presented with a series of playlists followed by a list of tracks with Play buttons. Selecting a Play button brings up a 'Go Unlimited' dialogue box with 'Join Now' and 'No thanks' buttons. Selecting 'No Thanks' doesn't lead to functional Play buttons.

If it needed a different type of account I wouldn't have expected to be presented with a series of playlists followed by a list of tracks with Play buttons. Selecting a Play button brings up a 'Go Unlimited' dialogue box with 'Join Now' and 'No thanks' buttons. Selecting 'No Thanks' doesn't lead to functional Play buttons.
Just had a look. Some of the playlists come up with SERVICE NOT AVAILABLE and others only have a few tracks but if I search for a particular group, ELO for example, there is a good number of tracks.

I received a text message from Amazon to confirm that a new Android device had signed-in to my account but the new device doesn't appear in the list of Amazon Music devices in my Amazon account like my iPhone does. Not surprisingly, the MG dealer points the finger at Amazon but there's no way of resetting the in-car android app.

I only have Amazon Prime and it works for me. Dealers lie as an easy get out.

I use an Android phone use but MG4 does not show on there as a device. When received the car I just logged in on the car sreen and it worked.
@rjkirk Does the MG4 Android tablet show in your list of authorised Amazon Music devices (accessed via your Amazon Music settings)? There's only my iPhone in mine, even if I listen via my PC.

As I understand it, there should be some ‘All Access Playlists’ presented to me that I can play from, but there aren’t any. This is how it appears on my PC and iOS devices. Because the in-car app is ‘locked-down’ there seems to be nothing available for me to try if something goes wrong.

Did anyone get any further with this issue?
I only tried using Amazon Music recently and see this behaviour too.
Fidgeting around moving to radio and back to online music then a song played but went back to 'Service Not Available' on the next song. And the previous song would not play again either.
Reception was good on was 4G the whole time.

It seems to work for me, I have a Prime trial at the moment and gives me playlists etc and seems to play anything I ask of it. I'm on the R33 software.

Sorry to say this - But I hate my Radio / infotainment system Its my biggest bugbear of the 4

I frequently have to de-plug from the USB port my iPhone for CarPlay to 'start' other times it simply starts up - No reason for it not too - and its a new cable / New phone.. Its the car ..

As to the Radio - Never been able to get that to 'auto play stored radio channels /music' - That is something I would call useless - CarPlay is my default music

And Finally Amazon ... When the System has fired up and it wants to 'actually let sound be heard' then My Amazon Prime account accesses the Amazon Music without too much issues (thankfully)

But all in all I can work around the issues - I've not reported it as its so petty an issue for me..

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 530 79.2%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 90 13.5%
  • No

Votes: 49 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back