Andersen charge points, User experiences please, any good?

Hi. You should have a look at Simpson and Partners chargers. Look amazing, good quality and at a good price. I have one and love it.
Plus 1 on the the Simpson & Partners, I have one myself. I was sold on the over engineered safety features plus a lack of dependency on cloud based architecture. Check out the video & article! Plus I do think it is a bit of a good looker.

Last edited:
My vote for a charger that just works, has a decent amount of smart features and a great reputation for reliability is Ohme.

I got a Ohme pro installed near the inside of my garage door, when I charge the car I put the cable under the garage door ( I’ve made a special “ notch” in the bottom of the garage door seal so it doesn’t crush or put any pressure on the cable.

I would be hesitant for going for a little known charger manufacturer as although they are simple devices inside, some manufacturers seam to have poor reliability and at the end of the day you need to be able to charge your car reliably. ( My mates none-Ohme charger didn’t charge his car the other day as it lost “connection” to its server for example and it’s needed a few reboots in the short time it’s been installed. )

Last edited:
I have a Zappi but I agree about the Ohme. The Zappi is great if you have or plan to add a battery/solar but I have found it won't charge some nights and needs a reboot every now and then, definitely not the simplest to use.

I have a Zappi but I agree about the Ohme. The Zappi is great if you have or plan to add a battery/solar but I have found it won't charge some nights and needs a reboot every now and then, definitely not the simplest to use.
+1 zappi don’t seam reliable, I’ve know a few having to be replaced ( thankfully under warranty ) but they are one of the few to have if you have solar / battery.

+1 zappi don’t seam reliable, I’ve know a few having to be replaced ( thankfully under warranty ) but they are one of the few to have if you have solar / battery.
Not sure I’d agree with that. A few having to be replaced doesn’t suggest that the product itself isn’t reliable.

Yup, I just had mine replaced under warranty (only 5 months old). It took about two weeks altogether and I now have a new three year warranty on the replacement. It did push me out into the world of public charging, which was actually a good thing as I’m now a Charge Place Scotland member.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 493 79.1%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 84 13.5%
  • No

Votes: 46 7.4%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back