Android Auto stopped working

Try a different cable - seriously. Just because it used to work, or worked with a different car, doesn't mean it'll work OK with the MG4.

An example ... Mrs. Guru has a Dacia Sandero. AA worked fine with her old phone (and my phone) and the cable that was being used. When she changed her phone AA stopped working, but the same cable still worked fine with my phone. We changed the cable and AA started working just fine with her new phone. 🤷‍♂️
I have tried searching for a usb a to c cable that has been used to resolve AA problems.
And the one that keeps coming up is Anker Powerline. So in the hope that it will resolve my problem, I have ordered one.
Question:
Has anyone else used this type of cable - Anker Powerline.
And if so, what was your opinion on whether it helped with AA.
Thank you.

I am using these ... the Micro-USB plug is permanently fitted to my Amazon Fire and the USB C plug is permanently fitted to my phone. I use one cable in the house, and the other cable is fitted to my car.
Very much appreciated. And not expensive. So if the Anker Powerline cable doesn't work I will try the ones you have used.

Very much appreciated. And not expensive. So if the Anker Powerline cable doesn't work I will try the ones you have used.
Did the Anker powerline cable work? My partner has a POCO F3 that disconnects after a few minutes even though my Pixel 6 works fine with the same cable, and interested to know if changing the cable will make any difference. Anyone else got AA to work with an F3 or other POCO phone?

For anyone interested, I use this .. Angled coiled USB cable... fits very neatly into the car and works well.

MG41.jpg

MG42.jpg

Did the Anker powerline cable work? My partner has a POCO F3 that disconnects after a few minutes even though my Pixel 6 works fine with the same cable, and interested to know if changing the cable will make any difference. Anyone else got AA to work with an F3 or other POCO phone?
Sorry for the late reply. No the Anker cable did not resolve my problem and to be fair to them, they gave me a refund.
The only way I could get AA to work was by using my wife phone. It is an older version of Motorola with an older version of Android. But for some reason it worked so we have a solution.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 485 79.0%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 83 13.5%
  • No

Votes: 46 7.5%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back