Another ICE bites the dust.

SimonS

Established Member
Solutions
Reaction score
Driving
Not an MG
Last Tuesday I made my last visit to a petrol station.

Eight months ago we were an all ICE family with a Mini and a BMW 320. We had a house that had solar panels but had decided we needed battery storage and decided that Octopus IOG was the cheapest way to charge the battery in winter but that needed an EV to get the tariff so the mini went and our MG4 arrived.

I enjoyed driving the MG but my wife didn't trust its buggy and erratic software and refused to drive it. She also said it was 'too different' with virtually everything buried somewhere in a sub menu.

So I actioned plan B aka i4. We test drove one and she liked the familiarity with the ICE 320i that she was driving and also only one tap to disable LKA. So I found a suitable i4 at the opposite end of the country and the deal was done. We drove the 320 south yesterday and returned today in what she has named "Bertha".

360miles with 2 stops for driver preference although the car could have done it with one. First stop was 22 minutes at Trentham Gardens. It could have been 16 minutes but there was a queue for coffee! A second stop at Ionity in Carlisle was 14 minutes. We arrived home with 30% completely beating ABRP's estimate of 17%.

We will run both until the MG comes to the end of its finance deal and then hand it back at which point we will just run the one car.

Attachments

• IMG_7284.jpg
    IMG_7284.jpg
    865.4 KB · Views: 128
That BM is a lovely motor. I’m sure it’s quite the step up from the MG! Enjoy

I like the color on the BMW, but the barn-door front..... not so much. :poop: Of the two MG4 is the better looking, except from the back. :rolleyes:

Before my MG4, I had a BMW 135... my other half, coming from a manual Fiesta, couldn't get on with the auto 3-litre. But she loves the MG - 'completely different, so I can start from scratch!'

Love the colour of your new BMW - it's at least 20K more than the MG, isn't it?

Looking at Autotrader, secondhand, they start from £34,495. This one was more than that but not by a huge amount. It's a 72 reg with 3300miles and was a good bit less than 10k over a new Xpower.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 506 79.2%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 86 13.5%
  • No

Votes: 47 7.4%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back