Any performance stats beyond the headline 0-60?

Interesting to see figures from other salary sacrifice schemes, I was intrigued (especially about the extended range) so jumped on to our scheme, with the following prices:
  • SE - £335
  • SE LR - £358
  • Trophy - £373
  • X Power - £406
  • Extended Range - £554
Extended range very pricy, wonder why that may be. Makes the X Power quite tempting

Apologies, taking the thread a little off-topic
I suppose it's salary related. Maybe you earn more than me and get better tax savings through the scheme.

If your scheme is like for like, with 18000 miles, insurance, maintenance and tyres included, then it seems good value indeed.

Last edited:
Funnily enough, it wasn't the acceleration that caused me problems at the start of proper EV ownership, it was getting used to the regenerative braking effect.

The exact point at which to "lift off" the throttle, to then smoothly execute the upcoming manoeuvre, without touching the brake pedal.
I've driven ICE cars for the last 15 years (around 10-18 year age) and it was the regenerative braking that I got the hang of very quickly...I LOVE OPD.

Found some kmh testing with proper test gear from a YouTube video, not the usual ranges:

60-110kmh (37-68mph) took 2.4s
A few times I have overtaken at 30mph to find myself at around 60mph+ in just an insane short amount of time is like WOW.

Interesting to see figures from other salary sacrifice schemes, I was intrigued (especially about the extended range) so jumped on to our scheme, with the following prices:
  • SE - £335
  • SE LR - £358
  • Trophy - £373
  • X Power - £406
  • Extended Range - £554
Extended range very pricy, wonder why that may be. Makes the X Power quite tempting

Going off those figures, the X Power's a no Brainer innit? 🙂

• SE - £335
  • SE LR - £358
  • Trophy - £373
  • X Power - £406
  • Extended Range - £554

Probably predicted to have higher depreciation.

Interesting - I had thought the ER would handle better being RWD and given the negative comments some have made of the XPower's 4WD handling, but obviously the upgrades will make a difference.

Could you elaborate on what was better in more detail?
It was about how much the car was leaning in the bends XPower has stiffer suspension. A lot of the reviews praising the rear wheel drive only cars for more fun say the XPower feels too safe/sure footed in comparison so less fun.

That was not the case for me as I was changing from a Mini Clubman and thought the standard MG4 suspension was too soft and even though the XPower is not as firm as the Mini it is still better for my requirements.

Drive them and see what you think, you will probably feel you can floor the XPower sooner than the XR when exiting a corner because it corners flatter. Also makes you feel less sea sick in my opinion

Last edited:
@Superbracey did you get your test drives? How did they go?
I test drove the X Power only. I liked it. And I've placed an order for one in Camden Grey.

To be honest, the decision was already made which model I was going to get. But I had a hell of a time trying to decide what colour to go for.

The only thing you'll miss is the noise, that 5L V8 is an epic engine.

I ran an early XFR for as few years and loved every minute of it, with the exception of getting only 180-200 miles out of a tank lol. I think when I sold it, it was showing an average of 17mpg :D

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 541 79.2%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 91 13.3%
  • No

Votes: 51 7.5%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back