Any way to remove the horn sound when locking the MG ZS EV?

Had our's since mid March 22 only seen two others on the road to date.
Almost every time we park up, somebody will ask me what I think about the car ???.
Got stopped today by a loverly elderly couple who wanted to know what I thought of the car.
They never even realised it was electric until I told them !.
The old guy was completely fascinated by the whole thing really.
The thirty minute shopping trip took us, one hour in the end !.
If we are in a hurry, we have to leave the car and quickly lock it as we are walking away.
A couple of times, I have had people standing by the car, when we return.
"Is this your car mate" - Is the usual one as they see the indicators flash, as I unlock it.
Followed by :- "What is it, I can see it's a MG, has it been out long, not seen one of these before".
There is another 30 minute gone from my day.
I don't mind to be fair, everybody I have spoken too are really nice and just want to understand why I bought an electric car.

Had our's since mid March 22 only seen two others on the road to date.
Almost every time we park up, somebody will ask me what I think about the car ???.
Got stopped today by a loverly elderly couple who wanted to know what I thought of the car.
They never even realised it was electric until I told them !.
The old guy was completely fascinated by the whole thing really.
The thirty minute shopping trip took us, one hour in the end !.
If we are in a hurry, we have to leave the car and quickly lock it as we are walking away.
A couple of times, I have had people standing by the car, when we return.
"Is this your car mate" - Is the usual one as they see the indicators flash, as I unlock it.
Followed by :- "What is it, I can see it's a MG, has it been out long, not seen one of these before".
There is another 30 minute gone from my day.
I don't mind to be fair, everybody I have spoken too are really nice and just want to understand why I bought an electric car.
I see one on the road everyday, parked outside our house... Looked great initially, but the owners don't even wash it. Ironically it's the only facelift ZS I've seen in the wild.

I'm not bitter though. Not at all 😁
Animation Lying GIF

I have seen this a number of times, with regards to the App and what it reports about the drivers door window.
When the weather is suitable, I like to travel with the drivers window just slightly open, by about 10 - 15mm.
Just to allow a small air flow into the cabin.
I always fully close the window before powering down the car.
But when checking on the App later, it reports that the window is still open ( sometimes ).
Quick physical check of the car, which confirms it is in-fact closed correctly !.
I just wonder if there is a slight delay in the car catching up with info / data somehow ?.
So, in my case the window has been open for a while and now I instantly close the window and shut down the car straight away.
Is this why the car still believes that the window is open I wonder ?.
If I was to close the window 5 minutes before reaching home, would this time delay then report the correct status of the window ?.
See, it is doing it right now !.
The window is firmly closed, but the App insists that the drivers door window is still open.
I bet if I go outside, boot up the car, drop the window, then close it again.
Then wait a short while, close down the car, then check the App, I bet it will report correctly now.
Hey .......... It's no big issue really to be totally honest.
With all that going on in the world today, this is so trivial !.
If it indeed is the cause, it seems so silly, the app showing how it is "scanning the car" if it is in fact NOT, doing a live scan, but just read historic data from the car.

And i also think there should be an option to close windows and more importantly...The sunroof, via the app.

If it indeed is the cause, it seems so silly, the app showing how it is "scanning the car" if it is in fact NOT, doing a live scan, but just read historic data from the car.

And i also think there should be an option to close windows and more importantly...The sunroof, via the app.
Yeah - I agree.
Total closure where you can close / open all of the windows, plus the roof even from the fob is very handy.
Many if not all VAG and BMW cars have this feature, strangely enough so does the MG5 but not the ZS EV ???.
The option from the App would be great as well.

Yeah - I agree.
Total closure where you can close / open all of the windows, plus the roof even from the fob is very handy.
Many if not all VAG and BMW cars have this feature, strangely enough so does the MG5 but not the ZS EV ???.
The option from the App would be great as well.
Yeah, i have had quite a few GM vehicles over the years (Vauxhall's) and hey have had total closure with the keyfob for atleast 15 years.

I suspect the missing total closure is linked to the fact that only the drivers side front window has the anti-pinch feature, and only that window will actually close all the way, if you pull up on the button for a second.

The sunroof does full open and close by the touch of the button so no real reason, they should not be able to do it on that one, though.

Also....Windows down, would be a great alternative to the "Remotely start the climate control" Some days it's hot, but not hotter, than if you roll down the windows a minute before entering the "sauna feel" has gone.

Yeah, i have had quite a few GM vehicles over the years (Vauxhall's) and hey have had total closure with the keyfob for atleast 15 years.

I suspect the missing total closure is linked to the fact that only the drivers side front window has the anti-pinch feature, and only that window will actually close all the way, if you pull up on the button for a second.

The sunroof does full open and close by the touch of the button so no real reason, they should not be able to do it on that one, though.

Also....Windows down, would be a great alternative to the "Remotely start the climate control" Some days it's hot, but not hotter, than if you roll down the windows a minute before entering the "sauna feel" has gone.
I had a 2003 Vauxhall Astra which had global closure from the key fob and the drivers side door lock :ROFLMAO: thats at least 2 decades the tech has existed for. And I bet my old astra never had anti-pinch on it

I had a 2003 Vauxhall Astra which had global closure from the key fob and the drivers side door lock :ROFLMAO: thats at least 2 decades the tech has existed for. And I bet my old astra never had anti-pinch on it
Yeah, i had a Zafira A, that did not have it, but i retrofitted it, then a Zafira B, that had it, and lastly an Astra K, that had it.

I also currently have a Corsa D, and it has it as well.

Yeah, i had a Zafira A, that did not have it, but i retrofitted it, then a Zafira B, that had it, and lastly an Astra K, that had it.

I also currently have a Corsa D, and it has it as well.
In fact, thinking about it, my grandads old L reg (1993) Vauxhall Cavalier had total closure, from the door lock of course because this was before keyless entry lol you just had to lock the doors and hold the key in the lock position until all the windows closed :)

In fact, thinking about it, my grandads old L reg (1993) Vauxhall Cavalier had total closure, from the door lock of course because this was before keyless entry lol you just had to lock the doors and hold the key in the lock position until all the windows closed :)
Haha, i had one of those as well, and i do believe you are right.

Here it was called the "Opel Vectra A" :)

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom