Anyone else swapping from ZS EV to HS PHE?

Golden earring ( radar love ) not what you want you want to come on the stereo, when you are trying to improve your consumption figures I am afraid.
As soon as it starts, the right foot goes down 🤣 !.
Switch to Classic FM - it will improve your range by loads !.
Try not to doze off though !.
You know when you are getting past it, when you start taking a likeness to the men’s clothes in M&S !.
It just happens one day when you are not paying close attention to your surroundings 😲.
You can run, but your can not hide from getting older.
Fact of life I am afraid 😱.
Arhhhhhh I just ordered a flowery Cotton Traders shirt and comfy shoes…… but I’m still listening to Radiohead and the foot is not under control!

...but that's not St Neots :)

Golden earring ( radar love ) not what you want you want to come on the stereo, when you are trying to improve your consumption figures I am afraid.
As soon as it starts, the right foot goes down 🤣 !.
Switch to Classic FM - it will improve your range by loads !.
Try not to doze off though !.
You know when you are getting past it, when you start taking a likeness to the men’s clothes in M&S !.
It just happens one day when you are not paying close attention to your surroundings 😲.
You can run, but your can not hide from getting older.
Fact of life I am afraid 😱.
True about Radar love and almost all the tracks on my driving playlist, economy who needs that :)

Decision made after thorough 3 day test drive and ordered red with red leather interim Exclusive.
reasons as follows
  1. get in and go even if battery low when need urgent support for elderly parents
  2. hassle free long retirement road trips,
  3. Still got local everyday use EV journeys
  4. More luxurious car
  5. larger rear doors easy access for elderly relatives and volunteer driver activity
  6. comfortable 3 in the back
  7. love the 3D camera, mode lighting, sports seats and electric boot
  8. fuel usage on my test beat the Mercedes company car c class 359e estate I had as my business car
sad to let the ZS go but everyday use will still be electric only most of the time and we don’t need a second car to enjoy our planned road trips.

Decision made after thorough 3 day test drive and ordered red with red leather interim Exclusive.
reasons as follows
  1. get in and go even if battery low when need urgent support for elderly parents
  2. hassle free long retirement road trips,
  3. Still got local everyday use EV journeys
  4. More luxurious car
  5. larger rear doors easy access for elderly relatives and volunteer driver activity
  6. comfortable 3 in the back
  7. love the 3D camera, mode lighting, sports seats and electric boot
  8. fuel usage on my test beat the Mercedes company car c class 359e estate I had as my business car
sad to let the ZS go but everyday use will still be electric only most of the time and we don’t need a second car to enjoy our planned road trips.
What ever your choice, enjoy the car and your retirement together !.

The two gearboxes seen to argue with each other on occasions And produce a dead spot a bit like turbo lag

Thanks for posting about the dead spot. I drive almost exclusively in EV mode and it's never colder outside than inside for me so the petrol motor never cuts in uninvited if I have charge left. However I have noticed a dead spot in EV mode at about 70kph. It feels like the EV has 2 not 4 gears and the gear change is about 70kph. If I push the car hard it is much more noticeable, there is a complete loss of power for a couple of seconds while the car changes gear. The car does a little bow followed by a lurch when the power cuts back in. Driven more sedately and the bow and lurch is much less noticeable.

My ZS EV is now gone after only 6 months and I’ve went to a Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV instead. The ZS had its positive aspects but also way too many faults and foibles and besides I now need to able to drive 350 miles perhaps at the drop of a hat and I can’t sit about waiting on a car to charge 3 times on that journey. As it is we still have our i3 for everything else. I looked at the current crop of bigger battery EVs like iD4, Enyaq, EV6 and Ioniq 5 but I couldn’t justify paying another £17k more. I can still do 95% of my journeys in the PHEV in electric mode only as I’m comfortably getting 30 miles on a full charge.

My ZS EV is now gone after only 6 months and I’ve went to a Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV instead. The ZS had its positive aspects but also way too many faults and foibles and besides I now need to able to drive 350 miles perhaps at the drop of a hat and I can’t sit about waiting on a car to charge 3 times on that journey. As it is we still have our i3 for everything else. I looked at the current crop of bigger battery EVs like iD4, Enyaq, EV6 and Ioniq 5 but I couldn’t justify paying another £17k more. I can still do 95% of my journeys in the PHEV in electric mode only as I’m comfortably getting 30 miles on a full charge.
If your usage pattern changes that now demands a trip of 350 miles, then of course the goal posts have shifted.
So understandably you have switched to accommodate the new requirements.
Again, this gets back to usage patterns.
The PHEV in that respect, has both bases covered.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom