• We are having a problem with new Hotmail members being unable to receive activation emails. Please avoid using a Hotmail email address. Thanks.

Anyone fitted a Dash Cam yet? If so how did it go? Touch Screen with gloves on?

ajw1100

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG HS PHEV
I fitted a dash cam to my present car and connected it to the fuse box, I would like to do this to the HS (when I get it) if it is reasonably possible for a DIY job. Any suggestions?

Just thought that come the cold weather and no heating without ICE on does the touch screen function if you have gloves on? It would be a bit of a faff if you had to take one off to make a change :unsure:.

have a look at this video.​

MG ZS EV #3 after 2 months and 3000 miles & dash cam install​

Thanks for that, found the videos on YouTube, he's using the same make of camera but I have the front only Viofo A119. Does a pretty good job.

I fitted the Nextbase 522GW camera myself last Sunday into the car using the cigarette lighter and also a back camera. It was easy and is all working fine. `I am looking into getting it hardwired. I had an appointment booked with Halfords to get it done. Just before my appointment someone else who had the same car as mine was just having the camera remove for the third time. So they refused to put the camera in my car for me. So that is when i went home and did it myself. I called MG garage to ask about fitting a camera in hardwire they didn’t encourage getting one fitted. I then phone Nextbase they was very helpful and said it can be done. I have looked at videos online also. So i may try it myself. If anyone has done the hardwired which fuse did they use. I was thinking of using horn or the USB charger.

I was going to go with Halfords to get mine fitted but read that they didnt' install on hybrids, so went with RAC - they came to the house and fitted both cameras for me. For my fuse I asked them to fit it to the live ignition - i didn't want them to fit it to a fuse that would leave it on all the time. As an FYI - I had the 622W + rear camera.

I was going to go with Halfords to get mine fitted but read that they didnt' install on hybrids, so went with RAC - they came to the house and fitted both cameras for me. For my fuse I asked them to fit it to the live ignition - i didn't want them to fit it to a fuse that would leave it on all the time. As an FYI - I had the 622W + rear camera.
Thanks

I fitted the Garmin mini 2 , and didn't want it plugged into the cigarette lighter socket. I looked on line re the fuses, but it looked a bit messy having to " give a bit of force" to remove / drop the dash panel by the driver side to access the fuses. I ended up buying the Garmin constant power lead which plugs in the OBD port. I know it's £44 , but I had it fitted in minutes , and no messing the the dash / fuses.
So far it's worked great and I've had no issues with it
I also brought a suction cup that the mini 2 fitted to , so it only took me less than 10 mins to fit the camera , feed the cable inside the lining and fit and connect to the power lead .

I fitted the Garmin mini 2 , and didn't want it plugged into the cigarette lighter socket. I looked on line re the fuses, but it looked a bit messy having to " give a bit of force" to remove / drop the dash panel by the driver side to access the fuses. I ended up buying the Garmin constant power lead which plugs in the OBD port. I know it's £44 , but I had it fitted in minutes , and no messing the the dash / fuses.
So far it's worked great and I've had no issues with it
I also brought a suction cup that the mini 2 fitted to , so it only took me less than 10 mins to fit the camera , feed the cable inside the lining and fit and connect to the power lead .
Where is the OBD out let please.

not sure if you have already seen and discounted this way , i used just the ignition on option listed in the pdf with a garmin mini 2 , no issues at all (link can take a few mins to start loading so if blank give it a min Dash Cam Link

I fitted the Nextbase 522GW camera myself last Sunday into the car using the cigarette lighter and also a back camera. It was easy and is all working fine. `I am looking into getting it hardwired. I had an appointment booked with Halfords to get it done. Just before my appointment someone else who had the same car as mine was just having the camera remove for the third time. So they refused to put the camera in my car for me. So that is when i went home and did it myself. I called MG garage to ask about fitting a camera in hardwire they didn’t encourage getting one fitted. I then phone Nextbase they was very helpful and said it can be done. I have looked at videos online also. So i may try it myself. If anyone has done the hardwired which fuse did they use. I was thinking of using horn or the USB charger.

I fitted a 522GW myself. Fuse 31 is permanent live and fuse 8 is switched live. You will need to purchase Nextbase Series 2 Hardwire Kit.

Hi I've just had my nextbase fr and rear camera fitted straight to battery by one of our techs with a hard wire kit no problem let me know if I can help

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom