Anyone had to sell?

There’s always been an issue selling relatively new cars privately (except in exceptional times). The issue is mostly around finance - people like PCP’s and don’t buy cash that often in comparison.
We are moving into a buyers market at the moment as well.

Yes I agree, it's not a good time to sell an EV now unfortunately, and for these prices most people need finance (which Autotrader offers but still)

There’s always been an issue selling relatively new cars privately (except in exceptional times). The issue is mostly around finance - people like PCP’s and don’t buy cash that often in comparison.
We are moving into a buyers market at the moment as well.
I understand not many people buy these days, but autotrader link to finance as well. People say evs are expensive I priced mine on autotrader just less than 15k, cheap for a good ev.

Sold my ZS on Cazoo as many of the other online quotes were withdrawn for straight sal and I was told the offer would only be for PX where they could sell me one of their cars from stock. Cazoo came good. However, I was told by some that they weren't taking used EVs as they didn't sell and the market had slumped which accounts for the reason that since January my ZS seemed to be down-valued by £500 to £1,000 every two weeks. I should have sold early before I found the car I wanted and got a car from ONTO

Just out of curiosity, put our 72 plate, January 3rd 2023 reg FL MG5 into Motorway..............

£17447

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

So about a 48% (ish) drop in just under 4 months.
ouch...

Mind you I would hate to see what my 4 with 16k is now worth being a year old ...

Hides in Corner Not wanting to find out :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Yeah, all secondahand cars seem have taken a massive hit over the last 2/3 months. Not many dealers will want to take on new stock until the new years IMHO unless they can get them at absolute bargain prices. If you want a secondahnd EV now could be a good time to buy and haggle !!

Yeah, all secondahand cars seem have taken a massive hit over the last 2/3 months. Not many dealers will want to take on new stock until the new years IMHO unless they can get them at absolute bargain prices. If you want a secondahnd EV now could be a good time to buy and haggle !!
Yep I just got my MG4 a month or so ago and part-ex'd my BMW 4 series which was lucky the price got locked in as webuyanycar and carwow etc all knocked about 30%-40% off what they were offering me between sept when I ordered and nov when I collected the car (just 2 months!). So nothing to do with EV's all cars have dropped loads recently.

And as other also said yes even with 0 miles on a second hand car has always lost about 20-30% instantly (with a few exceptions in the chip shortage crisis and covid stocks being low) so have to accept that too.

Ive been allowed to order another car on Motability and end this one early. VW on order.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 535 79.4%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 90 13.4%
  • No

Votes: 49 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back